What would you do? Another questions about resort choice!

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
ok, we've stayed (myself, dh, ds) at RP and loved it! Last time we stayed, I splurged for a hospitality suite, but that's not happening again (lol!). So when I was looking at a room for 4 or 5 nights for the 3rd week in August, I was looking at the king suite. The pricing I thought was high for that amount of space- Last summer we stayed at Sapphire, and enjoyed that-stayed in a sapphire suite.

So basically we enjoy both resorts, with RP getting an edge, and of course EP.
For this August I ended up booking at Sapphire for a king suite with a connecting queen room-Now, RP has APH rates for their king suite, for a little less than the King suite at Sapphire. Do I go smaller and get EP, or stay where I am, and have more room?

We usually stay at PBH and have stayed at RPR on a few occasions. We value the express more than room size. It just depends on the primary reason for your trip. If you spend a lot of time at the resort and in your room, I would choose the larger room. Conversely, if you spend more time in the parks, I would choose RPR because express pass is invaluable.

I also value Express over room size. I have stayed at all three Deluxe Resorts (my fave being Portofino). A King Suite gives you more room than a standard due to the one bed and I find it perfectly adequate for room size. Love me a king suite...not always available. I have not stayed at the "moderate" resorts now added because I won't give up the Express advantage. Compare square footage and do your own benefit analysis in your head. How many square feet extra are worth giving up Express Entry?

By third week do you mean the week of the 13th or the week of the 20th? If it's the 13th I'd probably still go with the RP and Express Passes. If it's the 20th the passes are probably not needed as much. I hate lines so I would always pick the passes over the space but I think you can get by without them the week of the 20th.

Hi, it's check in Aug 21st (Tues until the following Sat). I have to decide like Carl said, room size or EP-It seems like when we're in Disney (we're heading there after Universal), we spend a little more time in the room since we have a balcony to sit on-I'll have to discuss the pros and cons with the family, see what they are feeling about it, It is quite a good feeling just to walk on a ride! Kong has EP now, doesn't it? We were there last summer, and it didn't have it yet-

Hi, it's check in Aug 21st (Tues until the following Sat). I have to decide like Carl said, room size or EP-It seems like when we're in Disney (we're heading there after Universal), we spend a little more time in the room since we have a balcony to sit on-I'll have to discuss the pros and cons with the family, see what they are feeling about it, It is quite a good feeling just to walk on a ride! Kong has EP now, doesn't it? We were there last summer, and it didn't have it yet-

Yep, Kong got EP pretty quickly. We used it in September last year.

Ok, thanks! I paid for the trip in full-if we switch, and RP is a little cheaper, do you know how Universal handles that? Is it a credit when we check in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter