What would you choose

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
we only have one day in animal kingdom

Would you choose fop or the river ride so which one would you fast pass

Rope drop is not a option because we have to pack the car in the am

If both FP are available, I'd choose FoP. That is assuming everyone in your party is tall enough to ride. The wait is usually longer for FoP. And the general consensus is that FoP is a better ride. Be sure to check out the Pandora thread and FP, they might help you in your decision making.

I haven't been there yet, heading down a few weeks. Our first priority was FoP because the lines have been ridiculously long. However, as we can only book at 30 days, we were unsuccessful in getting one. We won't drop either simply because we don't want to. So we're going to have to try to do it at park closing, or just wait until next trip.

FoP.
You will miss cool stuff
BUT if you only have one day in AK
you will miss so much more
if you waste time in that SB line.

I guess it would depend who is all riding the rides? For us, we have grandparents and young kids with us, so we will likely FP+ the River Journey ride and go standby for the FOP, as not everyone will want/be able to ride it.

FOP for sure, it is amazing! I would recommend waiting until later in the evening though, as waits have been lower then. During ROL might be a good time to try.

Haven't been since Pandora opened but we plan on doing FOP even though my son has a bad back and we both get sick on 3D rides. We talked about it just a few days ago and he said I don't care, we have to at least ride it once. We'll take bonine the night before and the morning of to get it in our systems and pray it doesn't hurt his back too bad. I'll be there the week of Sept. 18 but he isn't going on that trip. We are hoping to fit in a long weekend trip some time before UGA starts back up for Fall Semester (the middle of August).

Haven't been since Pandora opened but we plan on doing FOP even though my son has a bad back and we both get sick on 3D rides. We talked about it just a few days ago and he said I don't care, we have to at least ride it once. We'll take bonine the night before and the morning of to get it in our systems and pray it doesn't hurt his back too bad. I'll be there the week of Sept. 18 but he isn't going on that trip. We are hoping to fit in a long weekend trip some time before UGA starts back up for Fall Semester (the middle of August).
I guess I don't understand ....... if you know you will get sick (from 3-D, etc) and it will hurt your back, why would you choose to ride it? My DD and I will be headed to WDW in September and have already decided not to go on FoP. She doesn't do Star Tours or Toy Story Mania... both can sometimes cause her really bad headaches and make her nauseous. But my point... she doesn't like to take the chance of feeling horrible and ruining her day just for one ride.
We will be getting FP+ for the river ride.

I guess I don't understand ....... if you know you will get sick (from 3-D, etc) and it will hurt your back, why would you choose to ride it? My DD and I will be headed to WDW in September and have already decided not to go on FoP. She doesn't do Star Tours or Toy Story Mania... both can sometimes cause her really bad headaches and make her nauseous. But my point... she doesn't like to take the chance of feeling horrible and ruining her day just for one ride.
We will be getting FP+ for the river ride.

We have ridden just about every ride in all 4 parks at least once through the years. We don't know for certain it will hurt or make us sick. We don't ride Star Tours any more but did a few times when it opened, even rode that darn Body Wars back in the day a few times. He has nerve damage in his spine and as long as it's not bumping or jerky, he can do pretty well. He can ride ToT, BTMR and even Splash but not SM (I can't ride that either) or RNRC or EE. I've read most of the reviews and it seems it's not too jerky and the back coming up should support his back. As far as getting sick, we are going to pay our penny and take our chances, won't know until we try it. We will most likely ride it late in the evening so if does hurt his back we can just go back to the resort. I offered to not ride it and he was adamant that we have to at least ride it once (grown man of 37 so he knows his body).

Doesn't Bonnie make you sleepy I only ask because I have a family member that gets sick on certain rides

Doesn't Bonnie make you sleepy I only ask because I have a family member that gets sick on certain rides

I'm assuming you mean Bonine, and no it doesn't. I take it on every dive trip I've ever been on and trust me, you don't want to be sleepy at 100 feet underwater. You do have to take it the night before to get it in your system, if you take it the morning of, it's pretty much useless.

I'm assuming you mean Bonine, and no it doesn't. I take it on every dive trip I've ever been on and trust me, you don't want to be sleepy at 100 feet underwater. You do have to take it the night before to get it in your system, if you take it the morning of, it's pretty much useless.

Thanks for the bonine tip! I never realized you needed to take it the night before. I'm going to take it for FoP as well and hope for the best.....

Thanks for the bonine tip! I never realized you needed to take it the night before. I'm going to take it for FoP as well and hope for the best.....

We take it the night before then every morning thereafter on dive trips. I plan on taking it the night before and morning of when we go to AK.

We have ridden just about every ride in all 4 parks at least once through the years. We don't know for certain it will hurt or make us sick. We don't ride Star Tours any more but did a few times when it opened, even rode that darn Body Wars back in the day a few times. He has nerve damage in his spine and as long as it's not bumping or jerky, he can do pretty well. He can ride ToT, BTMR and even Splash but not SM (I can't ride that either) or RNRC or EE. I've read most of the reviews and it seems it's not too jerky and the back coming up should support his back. As far as getting sick, we are going to pay our penny and take our chances, won't know until we try it. We will most likely ride it late in the evening so if does hurt his back we can just go back to the resort. I offered to not ride it and he was adamant that we have to at least ride it once (grown man of 37 so he knows his body).

I know what you mean. DH has a broken spine with a titanium vertebrae. He, too, can't ride the jerky rides like SM, Thunder Mountain and Dinosaur, but he can ride pretty much everything else. The reviews say the ride is smooth, so I don't think he'll have a problem with it.

Regarding motion sickness (which I suffer from as well), since it's a simulator I'm planning on just closing my eyes during bad parts. Worst case scenario I'll have my eyes closed for 4 minutes...I have to close my eyes on philharmagic and star tours too, no big deal :)

Bonine is considered non drowsy, but just a heads up - DH and I both get totally knocked out by it...so not everyone reacts the same way. We're obviously in the minority, but just wanted to let you know that it can happen. It made us so tired we could barely drag ourselves out of bed. What works for my family are Sea Bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter