What would be the bare minimum of nights at Aulani?

Cedric Rose

Earning My Ears
What would be the minimum number nights to explore Aulani without leaving the resort. We’re coming off a 15 night Transpacific Cruise from Australia and have been to Hawaii before and are not intending to leave the resort while we are there.

Last edited:
My two stays were a 2 night and a 3 night, at the end of longer Hawaiian vacations. After the family obligation part of the trips, it was nice to do nothing at Aulani for a few days. Both were sufficient, but the extra day the 2nd time was nice. We would do the Lazy River after waking up, then shower/dress eat lunch, then in mid-afternoon head back down to the pools/river. We didn't eat at the fancy restaurants, just buffet one night. Otherwise pool bar, Olelo room, quick serve or Monkey Pod across the street. We didn't utilize the spa either. Shopping, looking for the Menehune, character photos, pool activities, sunset viewing, storytelling. We felt like we had enough time.

Since you get off the boat first thing, I‘d say two nights min. That gives you basically two full days to enjoy the resort, three if you have a late flight. Three would be more ideal- but two with a morning arrival is a good sampling!

I’m going for three at the end of a Hawaii trip. So hopefully that’s good enough…

Yeah we were thinking 3 full days as it’s over $1000 AUD a night for a standard room alone.

Minimum would be 3 nights, 2 full days.

Your debarkation day would be just to use the pools and beach. The next two days I would go snorkeling at Aulani, do a spa treatment, walk down to the paradise cove beach, and see what other activities they offer those days. Then fly out the last day.

If you only want to to see Aulani then I would say 2-3 nights would be sufficient and that's if you're not going anywhere else. There's alot to do at the resort. We leave for Aulani at the end of March. This will be our 3rd trip. We fly from the DC area so it's a 10 hour flight; we always feel a bit jet lagged for the first 2 days and we wake up super early due to the time change. The 2 previous trips we've done 6 nights, 7 days. This time we're doing 9 nights. We always rent a car and see the entire island. We go swimming with the dolphins in the wild, Kaneohe sandbar, Makapuu tide pools, Waimea Bay, Sharks Cove... there's just so much to see. I feel like even a week isn't enough if you want to experience all of Oahu.

What would be the minimum number nights to explore Aulani without leaving the resort. We’re coming off a 15 Transpacific Cruise from Australia and have been to Hawaii before and are not intending to leave the resort while we are there.
We are on that cruise also! 🥰

One of the reasons we’ve never booked through them. You can’t even see what’s available without putting in all your credit information.

Who do you use for DVC rentals?
I have personally used DVC Rental Store and found them amazing. I will be using them again for any trips where we need a DVC rental. They were great during covid, and you can pay off your vacation with them which I also like. It's not all upfront. You can also search their site for availablity and pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter