What will happen if I show up for my sister's Chef Mickey reservation instead of her?

Leigha

DIS Veteran
My sister has a reservation for her family of 5 including 2 small children that she doesn't want anymore and I need desperately! What a GREAT coiincidence! I read that you can't change the names now. What if I just show up instead of her with the reservation number? Has anyone done this?

p.s. I've tried and nothing is available to book new. I will keep trying though.

You will just need the resi #, and the name it is under. They will not ask you for ID. This being said, if your party is larger in number, you will most likely have a problem. If your party is smaller, you should call and decrease the number on the resi, so another family will be able to book your left-over spots.

I have checked in to the reception desk while the person who made the resi. took their daughter to the bathroom at Wilderness lodge. The only thing they asked for was the name the Resi. was under (You should always have your resi# just in case.)

I have also given my Resi# to someone on the Dis Board when I had to cancel Le Ceil, and they wanted it. They had no problem.

NOTE: I just read on another thread that it is not Disney Policy to trade resi#'s. If you don't want to break/bend the rules, maybe you could call on a conference call and have them transfer the resi# into your name. Again, it would just be kind of you to call and change the number on the Resi, if your party is less so someone else can get in also.

Don't worry - I get those two small children any time I want but not because she doesn't want them anymore! ;)

I don't really consider it a bend of the rules because she was going to cancel it and someone was going to get it. We're not trying to cheat Disney so I'm okay. Palmtreelover - that's the problem - they won't you trade or transfer. I could change it from 5 to 4 though. The only thing I worry about is that her credits will be used instead of mine because the reservation is tied to her package. I would assume that it won't happen and if it does, we can correct it immediately.

What will happen if I show up for my sister's Chef Mickey reservation instead of her?

you will have a great fun dinner and get to meet Mickey and Minnie and all the gang... ENJOY!! :woohoo:

(or in other words, absolutely nothing! i would not even worry about party size unless it is dramatically different as it likely won't allow for another party to get a table if you are just dropping/adding a person or two.)

Don't worry - I get those two small children any time I want but not because she doesn't want them anymore! ;)

I don't really consider it a bend of the rules because she was going to cancel it and someone was going to get it. We're not trying to cheat Disney so I'm okay. Palmtreelover - that's the problem - they won't you trade or transfer. I could change it from 5 to 4 though. The only thing I worry about is that her credits will be used instead of mine because the reservation is tied to her package. I would assume that it won't happen and if it does, we can correct it immediately.

You have to provide your KTTW card at the end of the meal to "pay". So as long as you give them your card, you will be fine.

You will be fine. We did this at Chef Mickeys for Thanksgiving dinner 2008. Our friends had to cancel their trip and we took their place for Chef Mickeys. :goodvibes

You have to provide your KTTW card at the end of the meal to "pay". So as long as you give them your card, you will be fine.

fear thee not, there is NO system in place to compare KTTW card name with ADR name... NONE! it will be *fine!* :wizard:

The only thing I worry about is that her credits will be used instead of mine because the reservation is tied to her package. I would assume that it won't happen and if it does, we can correct it immediately.

The room reservation tied to the restaurant reservation means absolutely nothing past priority booking for resort guests, so it won't make any difference at all. The restaurant won't even know there was a resort reservation linked.

Disney will not switch reservation names now because they are trying to prevent wholesale "brokering" of restaurant reservations, not a switch between two families because one can't go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter