What will Disney do for a birthday child?

boygirlmama

Earning My Ears
And my second post here- birthdays at Disney. We are staying off site, but plan to eat at a Disney restaurant on or around DS's 7th birthday. Would they do anything special along the lines of a cake or something if I talked to them about it in advance? Any restaurant suggestions?

For a price, they'll absolutely serve a cake. There's a cake thread on the restaurant board where you'll find all sorts of info about ordering cakes.

If you get a birthday button for DS7 then every CM you encounter will wish him a happy birthday. It'll make him feel really special. That's the only thing that's absolutely guaranteed. Oh, also, at character meals and at LeCellier they typically give a birthday card. At fixed price restaurants typically dessert will be brought out with a candle though if your server is busy it might not happen and isn't guaranteed or even advertised (anywhere but by fans on boards like this that is).

Beyond that, sometimes a restaurant will serve a cupcake and sing, sometimes a CM will toss some pixie dust your way and do a little something special, but these types of things are truely pixie dust and not to be expected.

We were in HS a few years ago on my daugter's 22nd birthday. I had ordered her a "stock" cake - just vanilla cake, vanilla icing and Mickey sprinkles. I think it was @ $12.00 at the time. Then I found a Castle ornament in the Christmas shop and picked up a Mickey candle (which I had found at home). When we got to the restaurant, I asked the manager if they could put them on the cake. They gladly accomomdated us and it looked great - saved us a ton of money. The custom cakes are pretty expensive!! Good luck.:bday:

My ds turned two when we were there, and the server brought him (free) ice cream with a candle in it at Tony's. I didn't expect this, nor ask for it, but it was very sweet.

We also purchased birthday cupcakes.

When we were at Rainforest Cafe (DTD not AK) the staff came and sang him a birthday song - it was very funny and only about 2 lines, but he loved it!

For my nephew's 3rd birthday, we went to Crystal Palace for breakfast. They brought him out a cupcake with a candle. It was still frozen as it was 8:30 a.m. Still it was nice. They also gave him a card signed by the Pooh characters.

The button is pretty much the only thing that's guaranteed. All of the CM's will definitely wish him a happy birthday. If you are dining at the new Be Our Guest restaurant you can let them know (hours before your reservation!) that a birthday is being celebrated. A plate of "Gray Stuff" is sometimes presented to those celebrating a special event but this isn't guaranteed. It's an item that's not on the menu and cannot be ordered.

When my son wore his birthday pin last May every restaurant we went to brought out a dessert of some sort and wished him a happy birthday. They made him feel SO special.

The only free thing Disney may due is bring a small dessert to your table but that's not guaranteed. When you book your dining reservation they will ask you if anyone in your party is celebrating a special event. You can tell them that's it's your DS's birthday. We have spent time in WDW for my birthday and my DD's sweet 16th birthday......... For my birthday my husband had a cake delivered to Sanaa that we paid for, and our server brought me out a birthday bag with a glow in the dark Tinker Bell clip. Then the manager came over to wish me happy birthday and came back with 2 glasses of champaign.............. For my DD's Bday we had breakfast in Boma and our server then brought out a Bday dessert for her and that was it. I really think it just depends on your server........... Now my sister had a Bday while in the parks and she was given a large Mickey head shaped rice krispy treat from the bakery in MK. ............ Just don't walk around waiting for something to happen for your DS. Remember Disney is all about making money not giving it away............. If you want to order a cake here in the number:1-407-827-2253.......... How do you know you've been to Disney too many times?......... When you have WDW Dining and the cake department saved in your phone!!........... Hope your son has a great Bday in WDW!!

And my second post here- birthdays at Disney. We are staying off site, but plan to eat at a Disney restaurant on or around DS's 7th birthday. Would they do anything special along the lines of a cake or something if I talked to them about it in advance? Any restaurant suggestions?

It depends on the CM's and here you are. We went for DD'd 9th birthday. We actually arrived on her birthday around 9/10PM and were staying at POFQ. We went to the food court just to get a snack and DD told the CM at the register it was her birthday and it was a special vacation just for her. He actually brought over a brownie sundae (no charge) for DD and a Happy Birthday button for her to wear. It really started off the vacation on a great note. Of course DD was bouncing off the walls for a couple of hours after eating the huge dessert.

When you wear the button, most CM's will wish you a HB. Most restaurants will serve a small cake or cupcake for a fee if you let them know ahead of time. We never actually had one at the restaurant, but have seen others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter