What we did - the short version (honest) - Pictures Added 17/03/09

Great trip report - sorry about your experience at the 9 Dragons. We have never tried the Biergarten but sounds like it's worth investigating when we return in September! :thumbsup2

Oh it is!!
When the entertainment comes on they really get the crowd into the spirit of the Oktoberfest - raising their glasses in the air and singing, dancing on the dance floor (nobody is forced - just those that want to go and have a go) and makes for a really good break from the park for an hour (or 2 - depending on how hungry you are :thumbsup2 )
I particularly like it here as we used to live in Germany - and this is the only place I have managed to get a decent Bratwurst and Currywurst since leaving :yay:

Thanks Kenny, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on your holiday and pleased you had a lovely time.

I can confirm that the breakfast in the SAS Radisson is lovely. We had it once when it was in with the price. It is a steep price for breakfast normally. However, in December we had breakfast at the airport and it wasn't very nice.

I cannot believe what happened in that Chinese restaurant, a terrible thing to come over and say.

thanks for sharing. your villa sounds lovely

susan

I thought I would add a few pics to our trip report as I enjoyed looking at everybody elses so much.
I hope they do our holiday justice and that you enjoy seeing them.

First up - Magic Kingdom.
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

The view from CG balcony
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

Some of the food we enjoyed.

California Grill.

The kids starter - needless to say they were ready for the main after this :lmao:

IMG_0408.jpg

DW main
IMG_0412.jpg

DW Dessert as soon as I can remember the names of DW food I will update :confused3

IMG_0417.jpg

My Main - Roasted Breast of Duck and Leg Confit - savory cranberry bread pudding, fall vegetables, and port reduction

IMG_0411.jpg

My Dessert - "The Original" - The California Grill's legendary butterscotch creme brulee with a duo of banana cakes and caramelized bananas

IMG_0419.jpg

DS Dessert - I can't remember its exact name but it was basically chewy rice crispies made to look like sushi

IMG_0415.jpg

DD Dessert - Chocolate Mousse

IMG_0416.jpg

The 9 dragons at Epcot - this was taken just before being told one of us was going to die. Needless to say we didn't dare open the fortune cookies :rotfl2:

IMG_0795.jpg

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge

DDs after she had "Mickeyfied" it

IMG_0684.jpg

The "All you can eat" Skillet

IMG_0685.jpg

A large Coke

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

The Nachos at T-Rex

IMG_1034.jpg

The Boneyard Buffet

IMG_0320.jpg

T-Rex

IMG_0280-1.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0299-1.jpg

IMG_0303-1.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

A couple from Epcot

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

And Animal Kingdom

IMG_0226-1.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

And a few miscellaneous

IMG_0849.jpg

The kids showing off their beads at Mardi-Gras

IMG_0901.jpg

Fossil - DW favourite shop - whenever we see one of these I don't know who gets more scared, the kids or my wallet :eek:

IMG_0533.jpg

A visitor to the villa one morning

IMG_0463.jpg

The new coaster at Universal Studios

IMG_0472.jpg

Downtown Disney - as if you didn't know

IMG_0276.jpg

Remind me not to order the large Coke :scared1:
wonderful pictures :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for posting the photos, they are lovely and some of the Disney ones look so professional they should be on a postcard.:goodvibes It is always nice to see what you have seen so I appreciate the time you took uploading those photos.

Great report and photos! We are going in Feb next year (last went Feb 2007) so nice to hear your thoughts. California Grill and T-Rex look great! The Hooters comment made me laugh!

Michelle

Excellent report and photos :)

I can understand why the waitress at 9 Dragons upset you :headache:

Remind me not to order the large Coke :scared1:
wonderful pictures :thumbsup2

First time we went to Whispering Canyons I had once of these. As the server was making her way to the table she announced to the whole restaurant "if anyone sees him rushing to the toilet clear the way, and if you see him in the pool later keep your distance"
We thought it was hilarious, but it was this sort of comment that got complaints and led to the whole experiance being toned down. A great shame in our opinion, and it has definately affected the atmosphere.

Thanks so much for posting the photos, they are lovely and some of the Disney ones look so professional they should be on a postcard.:goodvibes It is always nice to see what you have seen so I appreciate the time you took uploading those photos.

Thank you. :goodvibes

I was surprised at how good some of the pics turned out - especially some of the ones at AK bearing in mind we were moving all the time. And all this from a Canon point-and-shoot :thumbsup2

I can't take all the credit for uploading though. Even though I did the report and pasted the links it was DW :lovestruc who uploaded them onto Photobucket, as I can't do that from this part of the world for some reason. :mad:

Great report and photos! We are going in Feb next year (last went Feb 2007) so nice to hear your thoughts. California Grill and T-Rex look great! The Hooters comment made me laugh!

Michelle

Thank you for your kind words

The Hooters comment made us laugh as well. I had no idea he knew what Hooters was, as I had been trying to convince DW that it was an owl sanctuary and that no-one else in the family would enjoy it - so maybe it was something I should do alone :cool2: .

Needless to say she wasn't buying it - and neither was DS :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter