What was your best Halloween costume.....EVER?

One year my best friend and I gathered up all our bridesmaid stuff---shoes, earrings, dresses, etc and wore one of everything and made a cross body banner that said " always a bridesmaid.." on the front and "never a bride" on the back. Another year I wore white leggings under a pink acid wash skirt(yep height of the 80's) and a white sweat shirt with bunny ears tail and nose. Had a girl come up to me and tell me that she and her husband thought I was the cutest bunny they had ever seen. Not gonna lie, kind of made me uncomfortable.
The best costume I ever saw was that same night clubbing. A guy had dressed up like Frankenberry from the cereal. It was fantastic!!!!!

All through my 20s I wore the same costume every time I needed to dress up for Halloween:

My aunt's old 70s style prom dress, rhinestone tiara, artificial-flower corsage, and an artificial roses bouquet, with fake blood drizzled down over my hair, face, bare shoulders, dress, and flowers. Carrie.

It was easy and it always went over well. I'm not really the type to do the same thing twice, but it was easy to pack away until the next year and I was too cheap to invest in more materials to make something new.

I wonder where that dress is now?

Plain white button down with regular jeans. I cut up a cereal box and pinned the front of the box to the front of my shirt and the back to... well... the back. Stuck a spoon in my shirt pocket. I was a “cereal” killer.

I used to work in retail at a small store in a strip mall, and we'd dress up every Halloween and give out candy to the customers. Anyway, one year I went as a dead bride. I still had the bouquet from my sister's wedding something like 5 years before put away and it was all dried up and withered so I wrapped it in fake spiderwebs and then I put on an old wedding dress and veil from Goodwill that I'd dirtied up with tea and fake blood and torn up. and I had shredded the veil, too. I made my face up like a corpse, and then I draped some spiderwebs all over myself and went to work. None of the kids who came in to trick-or-treat would take any candy from me, I looked so scary. Alas, no photo evidence exists anymore.

As a high school senior, I got a plain white sweatshirt and plain white sweatpants and use fabric markers to make myself into a college application. I even wrote SAT across the tush with math and reading scores on each, um, side, lol.

The one I loved the most, though, was when I was pregnant with our first. DH went as Linus and I was the Great Pumpkin. I even found an orange beret and sewed a green "stem" to the top. Definitely my favorite, for obvious reasons. :)

A Ms Pacman machine. Big cardboard box painted black, cutout screen area with plastic wrap window, game board copied from the actual machine, holes punched along the track, LightBrights in holes, flashlight moving around inside to highlight the lights.

When I was in 4th or 5th grade, I was a gumball machine. Made the costume all on my own. Dressed in a black leotard and black tights. Got a clear plastic bag...the kind that you'd get from a dry cleaners. Blew up a bunch of small balloons of different colors. Put them inside the big plastic dry cleaners bag and stuck myself in that with a hole for my head and holes for my arms. At school, we had a costume contest and I won first prize. :-)

The year DH & I went to a Halloween party as 2 ghosts from the Titanic.

Our costumes were awesome! I ordered a couple of dressy costumes from the era... like we'd just been to dinner in the dining room. Before wearing the outfits, I ran water over them to give them water stains & then ripped them in various places. We wet our hair, gelled it to make it look frozen, & then put bits of white paint here & there for frost. We used blue, white, & black-gray make-up on our faces & hands & arms to look frozen (& dead) & had more white frost coming out of our noses. And DH carried around a piece of Styrofoam as part of the iceberg.

We kinda looked like 2 frozen Haunted Mansion guests.

My favorite is a joint costume for me and my husband. He is the body of Eeyore and I am the "missing" tail.

My fave was the Death of Rats (Any Pratchett fans? XD) but I had to bribe kids to approach me. Most did, because I gave away full sized candy bars XD I'm reusing the costume this year, even wore it to the Renn Fest.
halloween.jpg

i was about 8 weeks post tmj surgery. being one who easily bruises to begin with, the over 7 hour surgery left me horribly bruised so by the time hallowen rolled around i was healing but still had allot of bruising (and allot of that 'banana' bruising-yellowish/green). add to that i had only been able to 'eat' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :guilty::guilty: clear broth for 6 weeks (wired shut w/a broken jaw and all) so my already thin frame was down to the high 80's and i was pale as a ghost.

so.....................pulled out a raggedy dickensian costume from my collection of old theater stuff and dragged it in the dirt prior to putting it on while my then boyfriend dressed in a suit/top hat w/ a shovel.

he was an undertaker-i was the date he 'dug up' for the night:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: (really skeeved out people who hadn't seen me since before the surgery when they realized i wasn't wearing any special makeup).

I had a dinosaur costume back in 1990. Cost me $30.00 I won at least 3rd prize at every Halloween party I went to with it. I had a wait list of people wanting to borrow it the next year. Then dino's became popular, so the costumes were a dime a dozen.

When I was young my friend’s mother made us both “colonial girl” costumes for Halloween. I loved mine so much, it had a bonnet and was my first and only handmade Halloween costume.

I can't really think of any for myself. But, there are a couple I remember from the kids.
DD was a spy kid which involved a black vest, orange long-sleeve shirt, a spykid badge plus gadgets (some toys, some real). It was fun coming up with additions to her outfit.
DS was Human Torch one year. The costume was purchased and came with flaming rubber hair. But I did a pretty awesome job on his face paint to finish it off. If I do say so myself.
But the most fun was the year DD ended up being a "granny:" grey hair, walker, floral dress with a cardigan, handbag full of pictures of her grandkids to show to anyone who would look/listen. She had a blast and people really seemed to enjoy her costume/acting. That was the most fun we've ever had Trick or Treating.

I went to a college costume party as a Vulcan vampire and won best costume.

I wore a black hooded choir robe from church (still no idea why it had a hood), added a silver chain belt, painted my face with the lightest foundation I could find, adding layers after powdering until I was pale, hid my eyebrows and redrew them Vulcan style, used green eye shadow as blush and eye shadow, found some green lipstick and added dots of green down my chin and throat. No fake Vulcan ears, so I put my hair over my ears and kept the hood up to hide my definitely non-Vulcan ears. If I can find the pictures, I'll post one. I made the cover of the campus newspaper, my lone claim to almost fame.

We used to do group costumes at work. One year several of us came as the 10 through Ace of Diamonds. We were a Royal Flush. My favorite was the year 3 of us wore long jumpers, turtlenecks and banners, each person wore a different color, red, white or blue and we were the original Budweiser girls of 1876.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter