What was the last hotel/motel/villa/condo you stayed at?

Palm Beach Marriott Resort and Spa on Singer Island. It was nice but we lliked the Marriott ocean point one down the road better, although we liked the room set up at the resort and spa but liked the pool area better at ocean point, plus all the things around the pool. The resort and spa has a certain clientele that think they are better then everyone else so I think that was part of the reason we didn’t enjoy it as much.

Holiday Inn Berkshires in North Adams Massachusetts for a family birthday party in June.

Before that Courtyard Marriott in DC for college move out.

Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel; Chattanooga TN

Would I stay there again? No. We only stayed there because a friend in our group really wanted to stay there. The hotel was over priced, did not have a continental breakfast, and no we did not stay in one of the historic trail cars. As for the hotel rooms think of Motel 6 with an attempt to update the furniture. The bathroom was in bad need of an update, and the last one was sloppy. The AC was sporadic. The pool was ok. It clearly once had a slide but no longer did. Ventilation in the indoor pool area was nonexistent. There's historic and then there's outdated. This was outdated.

The Frothy Money restaurant just off the historic main lobby was a pleasant surprise that our group really enjoyed. The historic lobby was the original train depot and that was nice looking. The rest of the hotel not so much.

Road trip to AZ last week. Traveling for a working dog event so we had to have accommodation that will accept our 2 100lb + Bernese Mountain Dogs
Comfort Inn Cerrillios Rd in Santa Fe New Mexico-Ok, reasonably priced for Santa Fe in the Summer. Would like to have seen a bigger pet area but it was okay and I would probably stay there again
Best Western Plus in Williams AZ-super property. comfy beds, great space to exercise dogs and a surprisingly good hotel restaurant-will definitely stay there again when in the area for the same purpose.
La Quinta Inn and Suites Mid-Town Albequerque. La Quinta used to be the go to for dog friendly without a fee. Since purchased by Windham that's no longer true its set by the individual property. This one charges a fee but the room was large and comfortable and clean if a bit dated but the best part was that the had an enclosed courtyard with grass ( unusual in the southwest) where the dogs could be off leash. ( something we only allow if they are the only dogs in the space). There is also a super good diner style restaurant right across the street. This may become a regular stopping point for us when going to AZ or CA with dogs.

June stays (European travel and back):

Wyndham Bonnet Creek- loved it as usual. No complaints.

Disney's Sequoia Lodge (DLParis)- AC worked kind of. Rooms were a bit dated but not too bad. Beds could have been better.

Eurocamp Houlgate (Normandy France)- stayed in a three bedroom 'cabin" aka trailer. Was fine. A but snug, but fit our touring needs to explore Normandy. Be ware, the laundry room closes at 11pm. No signs were posted, and a member of our group was locked out of retrieving their laundry. Had to find a security guard to let them in.

Warwick Castle - Cabins (England)- Cute, quiet, close proximity to the castle. Restaurant was ok, and the 'knights' at dinner were a hoot. Would have enjoyed more than one night.

Air b&b rental in London- ok, basic. not sure I'd do it again, but price was right.

Disney's Newport Bay Club- Compass Club family suite (DL Paris)- loved it!!!!!!!!! Room was spacious, bathroom nice, whole suite was clean and fresh. Loved the Compass Club lounge.

OKW Resort- lovely as always. Nice segway back into the US.

Marriot San Antonio airport. Well done hotel, but the only one I've stayed at that still charges for internet.

All our trips are work trips this year. We've been to Boise and Olympia for CEU classes for me. Going to Chicago next week for a conference for DH, and Denver for another conference in November.

Last hotel was Townplace Suites in Olympia. Got off to a bad start because we came in late and there was no one at the front desk for 10 minutes. Just as we were about to leave, the guy came down. After that, it was all great--very clean and functional little hotel suites with kitchenette near the capitol. Would stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter