What was the coolest Fish Exchange gift that you gave or received?

All of these ideas are so creative! Getting so excited for the FE on my cruise next year! :-)

The best FE gift I got was a Captain Mickey antenna ball. The funny thing was, I wasn't even on the ship! I had helped my sisters prep for their cruise and I was very active in their group even though I wasn't going. One of the ladies included a special gift for me in my sister's FE for all my help. I thought that was so sweet.:love:

Can't wait to participate in my first FE in April. Any pointers from anyone? What did you get that you did not/would not use? Most helpful gifts? Most memorable?

We were given a wooden photo frame with mickey, the name of the ship and the dates engraved. DS loved the lanyard we received from one family and the pins he received from another. He was pin trading with the crew all week and was given a few by random people on the ship.

One thing that was lovely but turned out impractical were candy in wrappers (like fruitella) as they ended up stuck to the wrappers due to the heat

Has the whole FE exchange thing gotten way out of control??? :duck:
Reading this thread I question it but... Then again I'm a dork and like it. My friend that's going to Panama with me next cruise asked the same thing.

Last cruise I did a.... I had a "moment" where my FE may have gotten me into trouble. I had packed up all my FEs and luggage after working a night shift, didn't think anything of it, then at 0200 as we are loading our luggage to the plane, realized "oh crap, I had packed 30 little clocks with 30 batteries inside..." as they were checking my luggage. Yeah, my bags got the check through. :rotfl2:

Last cruise I got an embroidered tote canvas bag with our cruise info. It's huge. It's my school bag now for lab days (when I need to carry the giant science textbook, the lab book, my laptop, labcoat, and googles, along with normal purse stuff). Love it!

The best we ever got, only did twice since we were not aware of these board on previous cruises, was a big sword sculpted into wood personnalised with our names, sailing info and magnet on the back. Same cruise we got mickey shape piece of wood painted black with our names on each of them, again magnetized . That year our stateroom door looked awesome :cool1:

What i gave the first time we did FE, that people told me they really appreciated, was a cell phone case that the wave phone fitted in. We were about 15 staterooms and everyone were carrying their 2 phones with it. I had also given "flee market style" sunglasses on first day one time that we also saw people wearing.

Telling you, our kids now enjoy as much planning our FE as planning the cruise itself. They really get involve and love to go make deliveries.

It is really really a lot of fun. I am not a crafty person so i make up by trying to find things that are fun and usefull .

LOVE the cone, sprinkle, chocolate syrup idea ! Will have to do it next time .

We have received so many awesome things, but some of the best were a waterproof plastic case- with the name of the ship/dates on it(great for our cards and all on CC- we have also used it other places), on our last cruise someone gave us a travel bag with the DCL logo and our last name embroidered on it(very helpful to carry extra stuff we got), also love the cruise music CD's!!

We had a great (and HUGE!) FE group on the Dream Maiden voyage. Loved the magnets, paperbag scrapbook, beaded Mickey ornaments, and wooden coasters from Canada. Also the New Zealand candy, and our friends from England gave goodies from Disney Paris (thanks Bats!!!)

Must admit the most used gifts are the personalized pens - received several, we have them all over the house and in my purse - whenever we pick one up we are reminded of a great vacation!

Blessings - Lin

Blimey,, that was an eon ago!!!
I'm doing goodie bags for our wedding cruise next year .. Just for friends and family so the gifts will hopefully be welcomed. I have a few things to put in, but need some inspiration, so I'll keep reading the updates to this!

Our best gifts have been key rings and personalised pens. Simple but useful and don't take up any space.

Hopefully these will be liked but I am cross stitching Disney scenes into ornaments as we sail in November.

How did you collect sand? Ours was taken when we returned from the beach in St. Maarten!

Paintings.

Those paintings are awesome, but how did you get them on board? I usually try to keep them smaller in size to fit in my carry on. Did you have an extra bag to check? Are they smaller in size than they appear?
You are truly talented!:thumbsup2

I made about 15 of these.

Those are FABULOUS! :cool1: So awesome - you're very talented!

I have only participated in one FE but I admit, it hooked me, I'm strongly considering doing it for our January 2nd Magic cruise. I was amazed at how creative and crafty people are. My favorite gifts were a koozie with our cruise information on it; I use it at work everyday for my Diet Coke. :thumbsup2 I also got some awesome coasters that I use all the time, they're great! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter