What was on your Christmas list as a kid?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
As it's Christmas time , what do you remember wanting for Christmas as a child?

I remember wanting the latest games console every year.

The Pleasant Company Samantha Doll. I wanted her in the worst way. I finally scored her for my 12th birthday. Too old to play with her but she was proudly displayed for years. I also wanted the Barbie Dream House. I was pretty annoyed when I got the Sears knock off. Ended up having more fun with it then I ever could have imagined! And yes I was a total brat! Not going to lie.

Video games, video games, video games. Also horror stuff, action figures, CDs, headphones, comic books, drawing pads, new pens, scary books, character Tshirts (The only form of clothes I found to be an acceptable present. No socks/PJs/pants.) Same stuff is on my list this year, and every year. 😂 I think my mom had a heart attack trying to comb through the comic store while my aunts were buying their kids Barbies.

Barbies! Barbies! Barbies!
Care Bears
My Little Pony
Rainbow Brite
Anything Shera
Strawberry Shortcake
American Girl Dolls
Kitchen Littles

If it was miniature, pink, overly girly, and/or a doll, it was on my list.

I swear, I’d still play with this stuff if I had the space. You better believe if my son ever gets into dolls, I am on it!

Major+Matt+Mason+Lab.jpg

Major Matt Mason, I will build a space station and discover new worlds, until aliens come and attacked us, they would kill everyone but me, and I would end up killing them all.

what kind of weirdo plays like this, the same kind who decades later spends to much time on message boards :crazy2:
(I need another Vegas Vacation) you here me BTB

Barbies! Barbies! Barbies!

Strawberry Shortcake

I HATED Barbie with a passion. My sister loved her. I am told I would swap Ken & Barbies heads when I was mad at my sister. I don't remember doing that but I am sure I did.

I was more a Strawberry Shortcake girl. I had all the dolls, the houses, etc.

View Master slides
Disney soundtrack albums
Broadway cast albums
Disney books ( reference books, not storybooks)
Cash

I HATED Barbie with a passion. My sister loved her. I am told I would swap Ken & Barbies heads when I was mad at my sister. I don't remember doing that but I am sure I did.

I was more a Strawberry Shortcake girl. I had all the dolls, the houses, etc.

Lol my mom hated Barbie too and would cringe every time I wanted her to play with me. I still have a lot of them stored away and I’ll give them to my daughter (if I ever have one and if she’s interested) or my son (if he’s interested)

Loved Strawberry Shortcake! She doesn’t look like herself now though.
I miss all the good 80s cartoons. Early 90s was pretty good too.

Lol my mom hated Barbie too and would cringe every time I wanted her to play with me. I still have a lot of them stored away and I’ll give them to my daughter (if I ever have one and if she’s interested) or my son (if he’s interested)

Loved Strawberry Shortcake! She doesn’t look like herself now though.
I miss all the good 80s cartoons. Early 90s was pretty good too.

They brought back some vintage style Strawberry S. a while ago at Toys R Us and I bought my sister some that year because I know she was fond of them when she was younger. There's a big market in bringing back vintage lines. I've seen the rerelease original My Little Ponies, Stretch Armstrong, and Care Bears at work. Hubs got all the new Voltron stuff when Netflix rebooted it. I'm getting a Horde T-shirt from the new She-ra but I need to binge the old show again <3

Good memories :D

I remember creating Christmas lists and not receiving what I wanted. Now, I see that as a valuable lesson. You're not always going to get what you want.

I wanted an easy bake oven. I never got one.

So I bought one for one of my kids one year for Christmas. We never used it. It’s probably in the back of a closet somewhere.

Always whatever Barbie. Barbie clothes, house, furniture, car, whatever.

But, you know, the stuff I always enjoyed the most were things my parents found and got me. Stuff I didn’t even know I wanted! A new board game, some kind of craft kit, a big puzzle, etc. I loved the Barbie stuff but those things always ended up being a big hit!

I don't remember specifics except for Barbies. My aunt made a lot of clothes for a contest, so I got her Barbie she used as a model and all her clothes. Then I wanted more.
Board games, no video games then.
The only things I remember getting from Santa was a desk and chair. DD still has them. And a big princess doll

I wanted a Roy Rogers double holster with “pearl” handled guns. At the time, I wanted to be a cowgirl when I grew up.

Yep, I’m old. :)

Legos!

I asked for Legos pretty much every year and usually got a set. I was particularly fond of the space-themed sets. I'd build "the set" (according to the instructions provided) on Christmas afternoon, then we'd take it apart and throw all the pieces into a big box with all the other Legos. My sister and I would build all sorts of stuff with the intermingled pieces. Huge cities that would take up the whole dining room table. Many hours of fun with Legos.

I was a Barbie Girl through and through. Over the years I got a Barbie House, her Corvette, The Barbie and the Rockers Tour Bus, her swimming pool, a Space Station, Barbie and the Rockers Sound Stage and I'm sure tons of other things I can't even remember.

I played with my Barbies long after I was "too old" for them.

They brought back some vintage style Strawberry S. a while ago at Toys R Us and I bought my sister some that year because I know she was fond of them when she was younger. There's a big market in bringing back vintage lines. I've seen the rerelease original My Little Ponies, Stretch Armstrong, and Care Bears at work. Hubs got all the new Voltron stuff when Netflix rebooted it. I'm getting a Horde T-shirt from the new She-ra but I need to binge the old show again <3

Good memories :D

I did see that, but still not the same ☹️ Nothing will ever beat the originals.
Although, I still have all of the original Care Bears and care bear cousins. I can also still name them all. I was obsessed.
I remember having the Shera sword and shield and totally thinking I was a badass. My mom and my grandma took me to a farm near my house growing up and I wore my shield and brought my sword. My mom ended up getting attacked by this nasty black goose. I think I was maybe 4? I remember trying to hit it with my sword as my grandma was trying to grab me and run away with me, leaving my mother with this crazy goose. Now, 30 years later, I need that little sword and shield for the people of Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!