What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

My grocery store here in Austin looked great today. I was so thrilled last weekend when I could finally get liquid hand soap that my husband wouldn't be allergic to. However, I couldn't find the brand of chai tea bags that I like. It was really weird. They had green and herbal in that brand, but no black tea. I found another brand though; hopefully, it's good. The line to get in wasn't long either. However, people seemed to be more relaxed about distancing. We have to wear masks here.

Had shredded cheese success on Friday at a local Supermarket :cool1:. Got what I needed to make Macaroni & Cheese . Last week all that was available was shredded Mozzarella or an Italian cheese blend. No Cheddar or Colby-Jack. I even lucked into some paper towels & napkins. Now I will have to start looking for Elbow Macaroni as I used most of what I had in the house.

We can’t get tomato paste or Skittles. When did Skittles become America’s favorite candy?!? Absolutely every other candy is there, but no Skittles. And the tomato paste just boggles the mind because we can get canned tomato sauce, canned whole tomatoes, and any other type of tomato product.

We can’t get tomato paste or Skittles. When did Skittles become America’s favorite candy?!? Absolutely every other candy is there, but no Skittles. And the tomato paste just boggles the mind because we can get canned tomato sauce, canned whole tomatoes, and any other type of tomato product.
I have a large bag of Skittles in my emergency/hurricane box. They are necessary for the stress vibes that pop up. Soothing bits of goodness.

I've seen news stories about milk farmers here in Ontario (Canada) and also in Wisconsin having to dump their milk because there isn't a market for it. I've also seen egg farmers donating eggs to the phone bank because of the lack of market for the product. Yet, when I go to the grocery store, I am limited to purchasing 1 dozen eggs and 2 milk. I end up having to go to 2 or 3 stores to get milk and eggs instead of being able to get everything at one store and reduce the risk of getting the Covid-19 Virus.

Sewing elastic and large hair elastics. I'm guessing I'm not the only one making quick sew masks lol. Also bias tape of all things.

My Aldi keeps running out of sour dough bread. According to Instagram everyone is making their own so I'm not sure what gives!

Went to local grocery store to find the larger granular sugar (to put on top of baked goods, not the small to mix in) and I only found ONE, the last one ... a 2lb box of it.
Aldi had lots of flour and normal sugar, but still out of toilet paper for some reason.

I have placed 3 online grocery orders in the past month ( buy online and pickup at store) and all 3 times the said "unavailable, no substitution" for Whole grain rice and dishsoap.

but the worst is when i orderd chocolate bars, and was told "unavailable, no substitution" ? oh no! lol

Went to local grocery store to find the larger granular sugar (to put on top of baked goods, not the small to mix in) and I only found ONE, the last one ... a 2lb box of it.
Aldi had lots of flour and normal sugar, but still out of toilet paper for some reason.

I still maintain the pullers pick and choose what and how much they want to pull. I gave up on this service as I’d pick up my order, then immediately go in the store and be able to buy the exact item that was supposedly out of stock with no sub. When I brought it up to a manager I was given a “hmm must have been restocked” and shrug.

On Friday I ran to our local Target to pick up an RX & some other things. No Graham crackers,.everyone must be doing s'mores, lol. Toilet paper is making its way back on shelves though. Hamburger is getting hard to get now, thougb

Same! Basically anything that says 'cleaner' on it has be out.
Agreed! As well as white vinegar - I've been recently using it to to clean more (especially as traditional cleaning products have been hoarded, and out for MONTHS!!!) , and I guess everybody else has the same idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!