What types of rooms did you stay in prior to DVC?

What types of rooms did you typically stay in prior to buying into DVC?

• Almost always off-site hotels

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Almost always Value resorts

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • Mix of Value and Moderate resorts

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Mix of Value and Moderate resorts

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Mostly Moderate resorts

Votes: 46 22.5%
  • Mix of Moderate and Deluxe resorts

Votes: 32 15.7%
  • Mostly Deluxe resorts

Votes: 39 19.1%
  • Mostly rented DVC villas

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Mix of rented DVC villas with cash resorts

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Mostly DVC villas on cash

Votes: 6 2.9%

• Total voters
We still stay in Club Level now and then just to maintain that feeling. We'll be back at Royal Palm the week before Christmas ;)
I'm purely envious! We had a practically perfect Christmas stay there 7 years ago.

We've had a RPC 1-nighter booked a few times since buying in but ended up switching them to DVC cash stays in resorts we were considering for SAP.

We'd begun saving to buy more VGF points when the pandemic hit. Now that we've added those, we might need to follow your example with an occasional RPC stay. It would be delightful to be back there again. ::yes::

I'm purely envious! We had a practically perfect Christmas stay there 7 years ago.

We've had a RPC 1-nighter booked a few times since buying in but ended up switching them to DVC cash stays in resorts we were considering for SAP.

We'd begun saving to buy more VGF points when the pandemic hit. Now that we've added those, we might need to follow your example with an occasional RPC stay. It would be delightful to be back there again. ::yes::
Definitely a great treat!!!

We stayed at Shades of Green but as we continued to go on an annual basis, it made more sense to buy into DVC.

I almost always stayed at POP. I stayed a Contemporary once for my Honeymoon, and Poly once in the 80's. Here and there I would splurge on a moderate.

One time in 2011 I stayed in Contemporary just because it was a first trip for a friend, and was moved to BLT. That was my tipping point.

We stayed at All-stars when my son was little, all we could afford. Stayed off site exactly once, and really missed being in the "bubble" the whole time.

Swan was out go to for about 10 years before we bought into DVC last year. It's a great value, we felt we were getting a Deluxe with a great location for the price of a moderate. Just with a little less "Disney". Basically what we're getting with DVC now, just with more choices.

Swolfin is what I ways recommend to people when they are ready to step up from the values.

We stayed off site. Transport to the parks was not nearly as complicated without little kids. It is so much better being in the bubble for transport with kiddos.

… I was adamant about how much better of a value off-site was (and still is) compared to staying at a Disney Resort.

But then I drank the Koolaid and now here we are.
There was no way I could have been talked into staying at a value resort in Disney, when I could stay at a Hyatt Place with more room & free breakfast for less money! It was all about the savings & my kids LOVED those breakfasts!!

But I too drank the Koolaid 😂 & I haven’t looked back! 😆🤩

We did AOA - Little Mermaid and POR first two disney trips with our oldest in 2018 and 2019. Second trip wife was pregnant with middle child. Fast forward to May of 2021 and we now had a 3rd kid and came into some extra cash so talked wife into buying DVC since we plan to go just about every year for the foreseeable future.

AOA wasnt bad, but my wife HATED POR.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana resort for many years as my wife's parents own through Interval International and we would pay the exchange fee/dues to use it any year we went.

We got spoiled with the 2 bedrooms so we bought enough points to book a 2BR at CCV (mostly) every other year.

We did all onsite before buying - POR twice, CBR, AKL, Pop, FW cabin, one night at SSR.

During the pandemic, I looked at what booking a moderate for our next trip would cost and I nearly fell off my chair… and that’s when we bought in! We had been thinking about it for years but that sealed the deal.

We had a great stay at CC last March and head to VGC next March!

We mostly stayed at CBR but one trip we switched to PORS and loved it. For us it was a 5 key resort at a 4 key price. It was shortly afterwards we bought in to DVC...smj

We mostly did Deluxe resorts, Contemp, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and then because we started two trips per year we downsized to Moderates, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings. Then we bought into DVC.

I stayed at the Contemporary once for a work event. Before that once at Port Orleans 30 years ago. Looked into a trip at a value hotel with my family of 4 and a week later bought DVC. Although, for what it's worth, we are also airstream people, so we definitely see value in "investing" in our travel budget.

We always stayed at Pop. But we knew we would be adopting and would have a big family, so we started looking into DVC. Once we were placed with our twins (already had two bios), we bought in. So much easier with 4 kids to stay in one room with a kitchen and laundry! But….we also bought in at $68/point resale for OKW and bought what we could pay cash for. The prices now would make it a harder decision.
Stayed at the Dolphin and Polynesian as a kid.) My daughter and I used to go several times a year and stay at Pop, I remember when I could get a room for under $100 per night… I stayed at WL when my brother got married 20 years ago,I bought BRV during the recession and got a wonderful price. I did buy some GCV at a crazy price, but that is the only way I could justify today’s prices.

I must admit I was not a disney fan but my wife talked me into going with the kids in the 90's We stayed at the Contemporary and i was hooked. Started going twice a year. Mostly, Port Orleans as we both did some grad work at Tulane and love their Beignets. Some Grand Floridian when we wanted to splurge. Eventually we bought into GF and then added on resale at Contemporary. Stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club when attending pin events, offsite when going to D23 and also enjoy Hilton Head as a very nice no stress vacation.

We stayed off-site prior to getting married. Then we stayed at YC for our honeymoon. I totally fell in love with that area. The following year we were off-site again but did a DVC tour and they had lots of "distressed points" they were trying to sell and we ended up getting a great deal on BWV.

My family usually stayed at GF. The trip where I purchased DVC was a trip that was planned with an ex boyfriend, and going BLT was cheaper cash-wise than the contemporary (I wanted to give that donkey a theme park view, since it was his first trip). Relationship didn't last until the trip, but I loved the resort so much and crunched the numbers, and it made sense to purchase a contract for solo/duo and small family trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter