What type of bag do you all use for the parks?

I was shocked that we got so wet. We were in the front of the boat and our legs/feet got absolutely doused after the first drop. That doesn't happen on Disneyland's version and that was my only reference, so I was pretty surprised! My poor little son had his his cell phone in his front pocket which also got wet, so he freaked out mid-ride. All ended up being ok, so no harm done except unexpected wet shoes/pants/socks. After the ride, we got a place for the FoF parade, and I went on a sock run at the closest gift shop and we did a family sock change while waiting for the parade. I've read the back of the boat is dryer than the front. I think I've also read the wetness factor is new on this ride and started after the last refurb, though I'm not sure how accurate that info is.

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we can be sat near the back and avoid this!

My hubby and I are going to try to go bag-free at Epcot in a few weeks. I think it will feel extremely liberating. We feel like we still need the bag for MK. (We plan on toting around a l'il sidewalk cover for sitting on the ground for Wishes/parade if necessary, and flip-flops for water rides. Wet socks/tennis shoes from POTC last trip weren't so comfy, and this trip we plan on riding Splash Mountain, which I assume will be even wetter). So, if you bring in a phone and battery charger in your pocket, you can go through no-bag-check security? How does that work?

We don't bring a charger so I can't speak to that. Just put the phone in your pocket. I usually have DH carry mine in his cargo shorts unless we split up.

No need to go through bag check if you have no bags.

Sorry to hijack here, but is it normal to get wet on POTC? I haven't been to Disney since '09, but don't remember getting wet. If so, I may have to bring extra shoes for our group as well.

Guess it's all perspective, but I don't at all agree that you get soaking wet on PoTC. When I think of being soaked, I think of something akin to the ice bucket challenge. Been on that ride at least 75 times (it's on DD12s top 5 list), and never had more than just a spritz. The only real place you can get "splashed" is at the drop into the cannon room, which is a very, very small drop...or the cannon fire, which may (or may not) give you a few drizzles. I'd be shocked if you truly needed extra shoes.

As for going bag free, it's nice if you can pull it off. As I mentioned earlier, we bring in a mega size bag, sometimes two. Very heavily loaded. But we put it all in an umbrella stroller. We'll often leave it somewhere in stroller parking and walk bag/stroller free and it's not a huge difference, but it's nice.

Last edited:

I bring the Be Light from Jujube and leave it in the bottom of my stroller. I try to just bring as little as possible. then I personally will wear a small disney dooney and in that I just carry my phone/wallet. I leave my bag in the stroller if someone was to steal it they are not walking away with much (diapers etc) my phone and wallet etc would be on me.

Last 2 times we went 2014 and 2016 we just use a small backpack. But I decided this year we are going in June that we need a little bit bigger backpack. It all depends on the person. My kids are 14 almost 15 and my grown 18 year old daughter so I dont need as much as somone with little kids need.

Super excited - with all teenagers there will be no heavy bags for me this year!! I just ordered a Disney Vera Bradley mini hipster that I read about on one of the boards. I can't wait for it to come in!!!

Rated Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack Hiking Daypack + Most Durable Light Backpacks for Men and Women / the Best Foldable Camping Outdoor Travel Biking School Air Travelling Carry on Backpacking + Ultralight and Handy - 6.5 Oz Only

Thank you for posting this. We currently have an Eagle Creek back pack like this, but without the side pockets for drinks and I have always said that was the only thing it was missing. I just ordered the one you posted from Amazon and I am excited to use it for our trip in 2.5 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter