What TV shows started good but have become terrible?

If I recall, Falling Skies had a legit ending. V (assuming you mean the 80's series) was just cancelled.
It's been ages but I believe the 80's version had closure. I remember people were spreading red dust around in order to kill off the lizard people.

I've seen some of the reboot, but the garish look of the 80's version with their red jumpsuits and robo-glasses was too fun.

The sad part is there are people today who honestly believe we really are ruled by reptilian aliens. So... yay for them for having their own ongoing series in their heads?

It's been ages but I believe the 80's version had closure. I remember people were spreading red dust around in order to kill off the lizard people.

I've seen some of the reboot, but the garish look of the 80's version with their red jumpsuits and robo-glasses was too fun.

The sad part is there are people today who honestly believe we really are ruled by reptilian aliens. So... yay for them for having their own ongoing series in their heads?

No, so there ws V the original miniseries, followed by V: The Final Battle, a second miniseries and where the "red dust" was deployed. Then there was V: The Series after that, where the dust became somewhat ineffective, and that show did end on a cliffhanger.

The Goldbergs - I loved it when it first started since I was a kid of the 80's, but lately it is insufferable - the Mom is just a crazy caricature. I can't believe it got renewed for another season - the actor that plays the dad was fired, but they didn't write it off the show, he just always "out of town". All 3 kids are graduated from high school and out of the house - I just can't imagine what it is going to be about this next season.

No, so there ws V the original miniseries, followed by V: The Final Battle, a second miniseries and where the "red dust" was deployed. Then there was V: The Series after that, where the dust became somewhat ineffective, and that show did end on a cliffhanger.
Ohh, I forgot all that. I've come to mentally lump the entire 80's V into one narrative.

True, that is typical of most sitcoms with a family and a couple of small kids. Clever/funny at first, but as the kids get older after a few seasons, the original storyline tends to get lost. The kids also outgrow their original part in the story and isn't the same after that.

True, that is typical of most sitcoms with a family and a couple of small kids. Clever/funny at first, but as the kids get older after a few seasons, the original storyline tends to get lost. The kids also outgrow their original part in the story and isn't the same after that.

Yeah, but the worst is when they bring in the new, younger kid, the nephew or something, to try to recapture that. Kids can age and the show can age with them if done right, but usually they try to go back to that original recipe and it never works.

I agree with Lost
It funny that how accurately the title not only depicts the characters, the audience as well as the writers after the first season.
My youngest daughter told me how bad Riverdale got. I never watched.

Roseanne comes to mind for me. The finale did try to explain the dumpster fire, but still...

I never even got started on the Conners.
I agree that the final season of Roseanne was awful. But I actually really like the Conners (especially post-Roseanne). It feels pretty realistic, dealing with a lot of today's issues with both humor and heart. If you liked Roseanne originally, you might want to give it a shot.

If Falling Skies had an ending, I guess I missed it. How did it end, did we win of did the aliens?

V cancelled = no ending.

Yes, I have seen this listed on Netflix, does it start from season 1 of the original show? I wouldn't mind seeing the first few episodes, they were good. This should have been a movie, one and done...
Yes, I think it does. The final season though is the one that Netflix produced after ABC cancelled it, and it is awful. :(

I can't quite say it became terrible but I will say it dropped off a lot, Game of Thrones. It got weak when they got past the books

Oh, and another that is pretty close to terrible and still not over, Walking Dead
Agree with GOT I was so disappointed in the end.

The answer to the Goldbergs next season was to make Erica pregnant in the season finale— so I guess they will move forward with a cute baby. They have to do something with sending the son to NYU, Beverly leaving the school, and Murray just gone all the time.

They have to move forward and revamp in a meaningful way since they missed the chance to put the show out of its misery….

Oh yes. It began well but later became a kind of R-rated Buffy/Angel parody. Suddenly everyone working at the Steakhouse had to be something supernatural. A psychic, a fairy, a witch, a shapeshifter, etc etc. I especially couldn't stand the way villains were written. Or even Eric, who they constantly changed in order to pander to the audience.

When you have werewolves and vampires as protagonists, you have to sell the audience on a reason why these characters will kill someone and still have the moral high ground for the audience to root for them. So the TB writers typically rush the job with "Oh this character needs to die, so let's just have him try to seduce an underage girl or kidnap someone's daughter all of a sudden."

ETA: Approaching the show, I was hoping for a real-world take on what life with vampires would be like. It seemed as though the show wanted to go that route for awhile, before becoming ridiculous.
That said, I really liked the subplot behind Stephen Root's guest appearance. That felt like a real drama set in a vampire world.
And now I will have to re-watch it to pick up on all these nuances(it's been YEARS since I watched it) I'll even accept the torture that was the last season LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter