What to wear in November

phoebesmommy

Earning My Ears
We will be at Disney in one week! YAY! But I'm kinda baffled by what to pack...highs are 72/74 lows are 52, I can't remember how to dress for that weather!??
Will the kids wear shorts or pants? Do you think we need heavy coats or just fleeces? (we'll be at the MVMCP one night so I want to be comfortable) thanks for any help!!

We leave in 8 days & I've been checking out the weather and wondering same thing. I'm just going to pack little of everything, shorts, capris & jeans. Tshirts, heavy fleece sweatshirt jackets & winter hats ( just incase). We are attending mvmcp as well do want to make sure we don't freeze!!

I would plan on long pants. I know I'm comfortable in long pants when it's in the low 70's and with highs of 72/74 it will be chilly in the mornings and evenings.
We leave in less than two weeks and will probably pack long pants and tees and maybe a pair of shorts for just in case.

Layers! We wear jeans, tshirts and a fleece usually. The mornings/evenings are chilly. You won't need the fleece in the afternoon, we tie it around our waist. I also bring a thin long sleeved shirt to layer just in case it gets colder. You could probably wear shorts, but only in the afternoon for a few hours would you want to.

I agree with layers. I have been there when we worse jeans with sweatshirts in the morning and by afternoon jeans and T shirts. Personally I would rather be cold than hot. Sounds like this time of year is the perfect weather!! can't wait for my Nov. 2013 trip! :cool1:

We find that if it hits 70 for a high, then shorts are best for us. However, for MVMCP, I'd strongly suggest pants. We start off with a jacket and shorts and lose the jacket during the high of the day. But, we don't stay super late, leaving in the 6-7:30 pm range normally.

We had a high in the 50's where I am the other day (and breezy) and I did need my jacket. Shorts would have been a bit chilly. However, I could have dealt with it for an hour as it warmed up. It's 53 right now as I type this outside here and I would be fine with a jacket and shorts probably until 4pm since it's sunny and no wind.

I live in the southeast (SC/GA border) and do not own a heavy winter jacket. It doesn't make sense for how our weather is. Though we get colder than Orlando, it's not long enough to make sense for me. Plus, we can have a huge range of temps in a day. So layers are our friend! On that note, even in Orlando, I'd plan on layers. I'll be taking a very lightweight fleece as well as a light windbreaker type to wear on top of it if needed. The two layers together work as well as a heavy winter jacket in my opinion when talking about temps of freezing or higher.

We leave in less than a week and will be gone 10 nights. I'm planning on 4 pants and 4 shorts and doing laundry once in the middle. And mainly short-sleeves.

As for the kids, you know your kids best! One of my kids will be in shorts every day pretty much guaranteed. And probably will rarely wear his jacket. Another one of my kids will wear leggins under her dress/skirts with the idea that she can take them off if she gets too hot. But I doubt she will, she gets cold much more easlily. She'll probably have a lightweight jacket on most of the time. My youngest refuses to wear a jacket, so we'll put him in pants and a long-sleeved shirt over his short-sleeved.

We will be at Disney in one week! YAY! But I'm kinda baffled by what to pack...highs are 72/74 lows are 52, I can't remember how to dress for that weather!??
Will the kids wear shorts or pants? Do you think we need heavy coats or just fleeces? (we'll be at the MVMCP one night so I want to be comfortable) thanks for any help!!

My wife packed capris for her\my girls in case it was cold. never hurts to have a pair of pants like that. We mostly were in shorts\tshirts and donned hoodies in the evening. The fleeces should be plenty warm.

Also, depends where you live...there were cast members with gloves on one A.M. and I was in shorts\tshirt. So coming from Pittsburgh, the weather wasn't cold to us. Factor that in to your decision, too.

Right now it's 54 and it's cold. If I was in the parks tonight I would wear a sweatshirt jacket, long pants, socks and gloves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!