What to have for CRT breakfast?

3prettyprincesses

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
Ok, I bit the bullet and made an adr for CRT breakfast. I have 3 DD's who love princesses, especially my 7 year old. Soooo, what options are there for breakfast? I read there are breakfast pastries and then a choice of entree? Any suggestions? Thanks!:goodvibes

We did the breakfast in 2008 but I don't recall hearing there were major changes since there to breakfast. I was thinking we were going to leave starving but were pleasantly surprised.

They served a wonderful basket of pastries filled with croissants, danish, and other breads. We liked the danish and asked for seconds which wasn't a problem. We also received a big bowl of freshly cut fruit. Blackberries must have been in season because I was in awe at how big and fresh they were. It was all followed up with eggs, bacon, sausage and the like. The would bring out more of anything you wanted.

We left stuffed and more than pleasantly surprised. Although people complain the character interaction can be rushed my DD was able to see, get autographs and enjoy the princesses as just the right pace. She absolutely loved the wand they gave her and the little wishing ceremony that is led by the Fairy Godmother.

I hope your girls will enjoy it. We really did. We did Akershus last year because it was cheaper and were greatly disappointed in comparison. But eeveryone has a different experience and preferences.

Oh thank you!:goodvibes I was a bit apprenhensive about eating breakfast here, it seems to get such mixed reviews. But having a meal in the castle before the park is opened sounds so darn magical! My DD7 literally jumped up and down when I told her, it was so cute. Seeing their little faces excited about being in the castle is reason enough to eat here! I'm also glad to hear the food is good and plentiful. We're big breakfast eaters, especially at Disney when you're walking all day long. Thanks for your response!:goodvibes

I too read that there have been changes in the entrees from the previous cooked or healthy options, seem to think the other options could have been omelets. Have you checked the menus on allears and wdwinfo?

Even though you have to choose a meal now, it is still all you can eat right? So no one should leave hungry.

I checked the wdwinfo and allears menus for CRT. They differ though. The most current one seems to be wdwinfo (1/10) which lists:

"Once Upon A Time Breakfast - A traditional breakfast consisting of pre-plated Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Cheese Danish, Fresh Fruit, Breakfast Breads, Potato Casserole, Juice and Coffee. You may select the Healthy Alternative: Muesli served with fresh fruit and yogurt. Also, includes an assortment of juice, coffee and milk - $31.99"

And then allears lists:

"Scrambled eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Potatoes
French toast
Peach yogurt
Granola
Fresh fruit
Scrambled eggs
Pastries
French toast sticks (for younger Guests)"

When we were there in February, the choices were omelette, stuffed french toast or the healthy option (muesli). It came with sausages & bacon and potato casserole. Kids got scrambled eggs & French toast sticks. I had the "omelet," I think it was a garden omelet. It wasn't a real omelet, it was sort of a pre-formed circle of eggs with the veggies in it. It was fine, not great. The potato casserole I didn't care for (the previous time we had been there it was better, but it had been changed & wasn't my fave.) The stuffed French toast was very yummy though. They'll bring you more of whatever so we ended up having a bit of everything.

Our experience was also in 2008, but it is exactly as described by WDWINFO.
We had a great pastry basket, cut up fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, french toast and potatoe casserole.
My grandson had nut allergies and the chef came out and spoke with us. They told us he should not eat from the pastry basket, since some of the components were outsourced and they could not guarantee no cross contamination. They made him a special order of pancakes.
It was great

When we were there in February, the choices were omelette, stuffed french toast or the healthy option (muesli). It came with sausages & bacon and potato casserole. Kids got scrambled eggs & French toast sticks. I had the "omelet," I think it was a garden omelet. It wasn't a real omelet, it was sort of a pre-formed circle of eggs with the veggies in it. It was fine, not great. The potato casserole I didn't care for (the previous time we had been there it was better, but it had been changed & wasn't my fave.) The stuffed French toast was very yummy though. They'll bring you more of whatever so we ended up having a bit of everything.

Ok, this sounds consistent with some of the reviews I just read over on allears.net. People were saying that they had a choice of stuffed french toast, omelette or yogurt with granola. Thanks for the responses everyone!:goodvibes

we were just there on sunday may 9, and there was no omelet. the three choices were scrambled eggs w/bacon and potatoes, stuffed french toast, or yogurt/granola.

i started with the french toast, then had some scrambled eggs and potatoes. the eggs were awesome!

We were just there on April 22nd. It was our first time and it truly was magical. I was worried about the mixed reviews too but we left very stuffed and very very happy. My girls, ages 9 and 5, were in awe the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Hubby and I had the stuffed french toast, and it was DELICIOUS. My girls had the french toast sticks and scrambled eggs and bacon. It was all you can eat and we ordered more, just to get our money's worth. ;) They also bring out delicious pastries, muffins and danishes beforehand and a lovely bowl of fruit. We thought the princesses were great and very gracious. They see a lot of people, so you can't expect them to stay forever at your table. My girls got a picture, autograph and a small conversation with each of the princesses and truly, what more could you want. :)

we were just there on sunday may 9, and there was no omelet. the three choices were scrambled eggs w/bacon and potatoes, stuffed french toast, or yogurt/granola.

i started with the french toast, then had some scrambled eggs and potatoes. the eggs were awesome!

Wait, do you mean that I could order the french toast and scrambled eggs too?? I'm so confused how this meal works!:laughing:

We were there in November.

I had French Toast and bacon, DH had french toast sticks with bacon and egss, and DD had French toast sticks with bacon.

DH had seconds on everything and thirds on some.

You can have whatever you want and however much you want.

The yogurt and granola there is my absolute favorite! I always try to make it at home but it is just not the same. My daughter had eggs and french toast but they gave my son who was not on the dinning plan as he was just 2, a plate of french toast. My husband had the eggs, stuffed french toast, and what ever else was on his plate.

We were just there on April 29th and it was a really great breakfast. I ordered the stuffed french toast and my husband ordered the eggs. When we sat down at the table there was a basket of pastries and a bowl of fruit. You can always ask for more of anything. There was an option of the yogurt with granola and fruit too but no one with us ordered it. The stuffed french toast was fantastic! It came with bacon and sausage too. The eggs that my husband ordered were really good too (also with bacon and sausage). Even though you start out with a certain entree you can always order something else after you finish if you like. I know my brother in law ordered the eggs and then the french toast. No problem! It really is a great way to eat breakfast and see all the princesses - sure does beat the line in Mickey's Toon Town!

Ok, I think I finally understand this!:laughing: You can order an entree (stuffed french toast, eggs, yougurt/granola) and then order more of it or another one all together. It comes with a pastries basket and bowl of fresh fruit. So, I could order the french toast and then the eggs afterward. Perfect! Thanks everyone!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter