What to eat for lunch

starlionblue

Recovering Disney addict but still failing
I plan to go to Universal in about a month. Eating lunch in the parks is a must so can any frequent visitors chime in with one or two of their favorites? Please list the name of the dish, the restaurant/kiosk and whether it's in Universal or Is of Adventure. Thanks!

My favorites:
IOA
Thunderfall Terrace
Mythos (make a reservation a few days ahead)
Three Broomsticks

Universal
Leaky Cauldron
Bumblebee Man taco truck

My favorites:
IOA
Thunderfall Terrace
Mythos (make a reservation a few days ahead)
Three Broomsticks

Universal
Leaky Cauldron
Bumblebee Man taco truck
What's your favorite dish from Thunderfall Terrace and Leaky Cauldron?

Opposite of what you asked, but avoid Circus McGurkus. It’s fun to go inside and look around but the food is not good in my opinion.

In addition to what the pp suggested, Monsters Cafe at Universal is also excellent. If you’re going with others, the platters are large enough to share for those with an average appetite. The new Today Show Cafe at the front of Universal has been getting good reviews.

I love, love, love the fish and chips at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks. Monsters Cafe, has some decent BBQ, and excellent Mac & Cheese and Auntie Anne's cheese pretzel dog is also a favorite.

We have had five of the sandwiches at the new Today Show Cafe and they were all excellent! Price is nice as well. Love the fried chicken platter at Circus McGurkus.

Last time I ate at Circus McGurkas my chicken sandwich tasted of heat lamp & oil and was quite unpleasant. It's a cute QS but unless the food has changed in 5 odd years I would avoid.

Last time I ate at Circus McGurkas my chicken sandwich tasted of heat lamp & oil and was quite unpleasant. It's a cute QS but unless the food has changed in 5 odd years I would avoid.
Never had a sandwich there, just the fried chicken platter which is consistently good.

At IOA, Blondies for the roast beef or ham sandwich
At the Studios, Louies for salad/pizza or the meatball sandwich on a roll

Also Simpson’s food court for chicken sandwich
(W/tator tots) and the burgers

Each trip I gain different favorite places in the parks
What I liked in October might change for next visit

We loved the American Diner at Studios. Mythos is a must at IoA. Not tried monster Cafe, might pop in there tomorrow.

I usually do table service. From this week:

Nachos from Confisco Grille. They were your typical nachos, I enjoyed them.

71C51A49-0DB0-41E9-84C8-1519BA158E43.jpeg

Chicken Club Salad at Finnegan’s. This was HUGE! Tons of cheese, bacon and onion web. I would have preferred a bit more salad greens.
5C8F297B-9EF4-4C25-B66E-F85DC3E977CE.jpeg

Ate at Monster's for the first time last week. It was surprisingly good!

Friends had told us it had improved.....we did plan to eat there, but just didn't manage it.

But, will give it a go in May, glad to hear it`s got better as it`s a fabulous interior and we always enjoy wandering around there. We just never ate the food after 2 poor meals there over the years.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter