What to do with money in US $ paypal account

petbren

DIS Veteran
I have around $700 US in my paypal account from renting out my DVC points this year. We have a trip coming in October. What the heck am I going to use it for?
I can't use paypal to pay for tickets on the Disney site.
I can't use paypal to pay at Undercover Tourist.
Anyone know if I can use PayPal to pay at Target for Disney Gift Cards online.
Any other way I can use this money for the Disney trip?
Thanks

I haven't tried it myself, but could you not link a Canadian-bank U.S. dollar account to PayPal, then transfer the funds into it?

I haven't tried it myself, but could you not link a Canadian-bank U.S. dollar account to PayPal, then transfer the funds into it?

You can! I have done it but just note that you will pay a currency exchange fee.

Can't you get the debit card from
paypals? We have one for our account and is accepted as a debit card every where

Why would you have to pay a currency exchange fee if you are moving US dollars from PayPal into a US dollar account??
It sounds like something you SHOULD be able to do. However, after getting info from my bank-(TD Canada Trust where I have a US dollar Visa card and a US bank account), reading numerous supposed "hacks" to make it work, and calling PayPal,seems it can't be done☹️

I transfer money out of my paypal account all the time. It is US money in my paypal, so just the other day I had $300 US in my Paypal, and available to me was $418.26 Canadian, I just transferred from paypal to my TD Canada trust account. I received the $414.26 Canadian, and I have a sub US account, so I put it in the Sub US account, and it went in at $300.29 US.

It sounds like something you SHOULD be able to do. However, after getting info from my bank-(TD Canada Trust where I have a US dollar Visa card and a US bank account), reading numerous supposed "hacks" to make it work, and calling PayPal,seems it can't be done☹️
Not sure if this procedure works or not (the post was for an RBC USD account, not a TD USD account), but in case it helps: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/how-withdrawing-usd-paypal-account-avoid-cad-conversion-973455/

EDIT: So I successfully linked my TD USD account to PayPal. (I don't have any USD in my PayPal account though, so I can't test moving USD funds from PayPal to my TD USD account.)

Last edited:
Why would you have to pay a currency exchange fee if you are moving US dollars from PayPal into a US dollar account??

Sorry, misunderstood your post...meant that if transferring to a Canadian dollar account, it would mean a fee.

TD can set you up a US based account. You can choose the city. Ours is in Florida. Opened it over the phone & it took a couple wks for them to send us the docs to sign, return & then receive a bank card.

I empty PayPal funds into our US account & can shift funds from our US based acct to our Canadian US money acct. You cannot, however, transfer from PP to a Canadian US dollar acct. HTH!

TD can set you up a US based account. You can choose the city. Ours is in Florida. Opened it over the phone & it took a couple wks for them to send us the docs to sign, return & then receive a bank card.

I empty PayPal funds into our US account & can shift funds from our US based acct to our Canadian US money acct. You cannot, however, transfer from PP to a Canadian US dollar acct. HTH!

Thank you. I will look into this.

It's quite annoying that this isn't able to be done with a can US account. I'm going to have to try the TD one. Thanks for that info.

We have a US$ account both here and in the states with RBC. We use it to pay our DVC dues with it. That is what I would look into doing. Then you can pay monthly instead of all in JAN. We rent out half our points right now and it covers our whole points for the year. Haven't "paid" dues for 4 years. And free rooms for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!