What to do with leftover bar soap?

At a certain size, I just stick the sliver to a new bar of soap. Never have to throw it away. It's quite easy with Dial soap.

:thumbsup2 Its quite easy with any soap

exactly what we do. It is still good soap and doesn't take much before it is just part of the new soap no matter what soap you are using.

Exactly! Can't remember when the last time was that I threw one out.

My DH swears that the last little bit of soap isn't as soapy as the rest of the bar and refuses to use it, he throws it away. He is nuts if you ask me! I just stick it to the new bar.

He's correct but it is because there isn't as much surface area to draw from. Welding it to a new bar fixes that problem instantly.

when you get down to a sliver of soap, get out a new bar, wet both the sliver and the bar and stick the sliver on top of the bar and squeeze them together. Let them dry, and then just use it like normal. The sliver will stick on top of the bar.

The old bar needs to be on the thin side. When it is wet it will bend a little and not break. You just find the flattest spot on the old bar and when everything is wet you press it on the flattest part of the new bar. Usually if it sits overnight it will be permanently part of the new bar until it has warn off. Sometimes it takes more than one try, but it does work very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter