What to do with booster seat during flight?

Steph H

That Loud Redhead
Hi, all! We're leaving in eight days ( :banana: ) and this is my first time flying with my 3 1/2 year-old-son. We recently bought him a booster seat since he's quickly outgrowing his toddler car seat (~40lbs). Here's what it looks like:

http://www.netkidswear.com/arincarseatb.html

We NEED a carseat for the trip, since we'll be travelling down to Tampa to visit relatives one day. We could bring his normal, full-sized car seat, but we believe transporting this one will be much easier. Obviously, though, it's not approved for airline use, but I have no doubt that he'll be just fine in the airplane seat with just the belt.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this booster seat during the flight. I don't think it will fit in our luggage, so I thought about just making it one of our "carry-ons". My question to you all is--do you think it would fit in an overhead compartment? It's no more than seven inches high at the armest, and about 15 or so inches wide and long. If it doesn't fit, I guess I'll just have to box it up and ship it like a piece of luggage, right?

Thanks so much for your help!

I don't even box it up. I just drop it at the ticket counter and have them put a sticker on it. I have done this many times and it has always come out just fine. Then again this is only the cheap $15 booster seat from Walmart and I wouldn't be heartbroken if it came out in pieces.

Irene

Looks like it would fit ovrehead with no problem.

Anne

Either check it a regular baggage or gate check it if you are going to need it right away. We usually just check our booster seat on to MCO and pick it up off the carousel.

You should definitely be able to carry that on. You could even put it in a duffle bag as carry on if you wanted to.

We took 2 as carry-ons in Aug. They fit in the overhead compartment.

The reason we took them as carry-ons was that we used ME, and DH would pick up a rental car in the airport, hence we wanted to make sure that we had the booster seats available when we want out for dinner.

We had planned to gate-check them, but as soon as the FA saw the booster seats, she reminded us that the kids could not sit on them and we had to put them in the overhead compartments, hence we didn't bother to ask her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter