What to do?! What to do?!

cocofifi

Mouseketeer
I have a room booked in LM AoA for me and my 8 yo daughter. With the spring offer, I could get a POR room for @ $100 more. The LM AoA looks really cute, but sounds like quite a haul to busses, food court etc. POR sounds nicely situated to transportation, etc. Would love input as to which you would prefer. Thanks so much!

I'd go with your first choice. LM at AoA and lots of buildings at POR can be --what some say-- is a long walk to the main building. Personally, it doesn't bother me, and POR is where we usually stay. I don't request any preferred building, either. I get what I get and am glad to be at WDW.

My main thought is that your DD will be over the moon about AoA. It's brand new and it's the happening place right now for the kids. We visited there while staying at Pop and had a blast just walking around. We also loved their innovative food court offerings.

On another trip, try POR. By then your DD will be older and may appreciate POR's amenities more.

we, too were in this quandry.. we booked AOA. the LM rooms were the only ones which fit our needs (just 2 adults).. of course, non of the discounts were available for the LM rooms.

when the discount came out, we consisdered switching to POR. we would really want the mansion rooms.. but there's no guarantee. and th elast time we were at POr, we were SDo far away from the food court, etc.

and then we thought about the theming.. and the very colorful cheery themeing at LM. and the rest of AOA>

then tried to picture ourselves at POR. looki around,. what do you see. are you happy with what you see around you? or are you wishing you were lookinhg at Ursula? Ariel? simba? Rafiki? the Big Blue? nemo, the Carsland, etc. etc. etc.

do this mental exercise, and you will have your answer.

I have a room booked in LM AoA for me and my 8 yo daughter. With the spring offer, I could get a POR room for @ $100 more. The LM AoA looks really cute, but sounds like quite a haul to busses, food court etc. POR sounds nicely situated to transportation, etc. Would love input as to which you would prefer. Thanks so much!

Regardless of theming, I would always pick a mod over a value. The rooms are far more comfortable, upgraded amenities, etc. Yes, AoA is cute, but you will see all of those characters in the parks. When you close your eyes at night, comfort is far more important than what character is on your shower curtain! We stayed at AoA last year. The beds were uncomfortable, worst pillow I have ever encountered, loud, etc. never again. Also stayed at POR last year. It was charming and comfortable.

I'd stick with AoA, we were just there, visited AoA to have a look around (and dinner), my 14 yr old was in love with the place, I think your 8 yr old would be thrilled to stay there!

I you dont mind a split stay, book both hotels for your trip. We couldnt decide between AoA or POR so we decided to do the first 4 days at AoA, then move to POR for another 3.

This way, the kids get to enjoy the new kid focused resort and then we get to take a breather mid trip to a not so themed resort with great amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter