what to do in cozumel

inluvwithpluto

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me where to go in cozumel, I think I have decided not to do the dolphin encounter after hearing many weren't thrilled with it.
Where are some good beaches to go? Has anyone just gone to chakanab park without an excursion?

We went to Mr. Sanchos beach area. It is wonderful. We caught a cab easily after exiting the ship. There are many activities, beautiful beach, wonderful food. Clean restrooms. We had lunch, and enjoyed the beach for several hours, before catching a cab back to shopping area near the dock. We would definately go there again. Hubby said he could spend days there.

You can check it out at mrsanchos.com. We went on the recommendation of a previous cruiser on this board.

I also would recommend Mr Sanchos Beach. We went last April and had a great time....everyone there was very friendly, the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. Our group of 29 had a blast!:tongue:

I would go to Paradise Beach... It was so wonderful we lost track of time and missed our early dinner seating that night...

The beach has wonderful amenities - all FREE... in the water is a trampoline and "ice berg", you get very comfortable loungers with umbrellas, they have kayaks and floats, this is all at no cost ... They also have washrooms and showers (very clean). They have a restaurant and bar as well... It is located beside San Fransisco Beach and is about a $12 cab ride from the dock.

When we go back to Cozumel, we will definitely go back to this beach...

Hello Annie, just read your post about cozumel and had a little chuckle to myself - not that it is funny but that when I read "washrooms" I automatically knew without looking at your sign in name you were Canadian. I am Canadian but I have lived in North Carolina for 16 years now and I still remember the look of question on people's faces when I would be somewhere and ask where the washrooms were. I know this isn't Disney related but I always love to see and hear Canadian things. (Even have a Canadian Mickey head pin from Epcot I wear on my nametag at work).

Hi April, that's too funny... When we were chatting on our thread with fellow cruisers, I mentioned that we had to wear "toques" because it was so cold out, and no one knew what we meant... so, we brought lime green toques for the dismeet.

Now to make this Cozumel related... it was our favourite port of both the eastern and western itineraries....

Here in NY the Sunday Gannet papers highlighted Cozumel in the travel section.

Hi!
Another Canadian here and I just wanted to say that I have heard great things about Paradise Beach as well. The fellow who manages the place seems so nice and the posts I've seen from people who have been there (on the Ports of Call board on www.cruisecritic.com) just rave about the beach and how clean it is! And they also say that the food is delicious and the service excellent! Coz_Sally Minigolf (a Cozumel resident and expert) also raves about this beach. And it's free for entry, lounge chairs (much more comfortable than those molded ones at Playa Del Sol), umbrellas, water toys, trampoline and iceburg!

I'm going to Cozumel in April with RCIand I had booked a shore excursion to Playa Del Sol, but after I read all the great reviews on Paradise Beach, I cancelled the shore excursion and decided to go there. It's only $12 for the taxi for up to 4 people from the port.

Re Canadian vocabulary, I notice that people on these boards say "soda" instead of "pop"; I guess that's a Canadian/American difference too. For a while, I thought they meant club soda but finally caught on!

I know this is off the topic, but soda/pop varies in the different regions in the US also.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter