What to do if your room is not ready and you want to go straight to a park?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
All the times we have stayed at Disney our room has been ready when we arrived before 3:00.
We will be arriving at the Poly around 1:00 pm.
We wanted to go to the park right away and probably wont return util after MK closes.
How long will bell services hold our stuff? What if we do not get back until after 11:00 pm?
We also have a garden grocer order but nothing that needs to stay cold.

Despite what we were told Luggage Services delivered our garden grocer order right to our room. They may do similar with luggage. This was at Art of Animation.

They will hold it as long as you need, just call when you get to your room and they will bring it up. They won't deliver it without you being in the room (luggage not sure about groceries).

Are you taking DME? My experience has been that they will bring your bags to your room even if you aren't there. If you drop bags off with bell services, you need to be in the room and call to ask for delivery before they will bring them.

You are always welcome to stow your luggage at Bell Services before your room is available on arrival day, and after check-out on departure day. Luggage you drop off at Bell Services, or luggage you have Bell Services transfer from one resort to another, will stay at Bell Services until you pick it up.

DME luggage will go directly to your room unless you specifically ask Bell Services to hold it (so that you won't be awakened in the middle of the night after a late-night flight, for example).

Last edited:
Luggage you drop off at Bell Services, or luggage you have Bell Services transfer from one resort to another, will stay at Bell Services until you pick it up.

Or you call from your room phone to have delivered to your room. You don't have to physically go to bell services to pick up your luggage. (Note, this is how it is at the Deluxes, I am not sure if bell services at the values or mods are different in this regard).

Maggie'sMom said:
Are you taking DME? My experience has been that they will bring your bags to your room even if you aren't there. If you drop bags off with bell services, you need to be in the room and call to ask for delivery before they will bring them.
Yes we are taking the Disney Express but we only have carry on bags.

Or you call from your room phone to have delivered to your room. You don't have to physically go to bell services to pick up your luggage. (Note, this is how it is at the Deluxes, I am not sure if bell services at the values or mods are different in this regard).
Thank you

What if we only have carry on bags?If we leave them with bell services will they take those to our room if we ask them to if we are not there?

No, bell services won't deliver luggage that you leave with them if you aren't there. The only luggage drop-off Disney will do when you aren't in the room is if you checked it via DME. For bell services stuff, you have to be there.

We just leave our bags with the front desk...they stow them for you.,..you can call them to see when your room is ready and that's that. I have Medical equipment and get a little worried about them stowing it but I just tell them to be careful with it and I've never had a problem.

We also only travel with carry-ons. Personally, I would drop your bags off at Bell Services and simply pick them back up when you get back from the parks. No need to go to your room and ask for them to be delivered (which can take forever). In our experience, if no one is at Bell Services, they put a sign out directing you to get help from a front desk CM.

Last edited:
We also only carry with carry-ons. Personally, I would drop your bags off at Bell Services and simply pick them back up when you get back from the parks. No need to go to your room and ask for them to be delivered (which can take forever). In our experience, if no one is at Bell Services, they put a sign out directing you to get help from a front desk CM.
Ok what about the garden grocer order. We would be able to carry it to so will they let us take it with our bags?

No, bell services won't deliver luggage that you leave with them if you aren't there. The only luggage drop-off Disney will do when you aren't in the room is if you checked it via DME. For bell services stuff, you have to be there.
That is what I thought. Thanks.

You can also do online check in and tell them when you expect to be there. That way, Disney will now know you expect to be there at 1 PM so your room could be ready when you get there. We are often there around noon and only had one time when the room wasn't ready. Just an idea.

You can also do online check in and tell them when you expect to be there. That way, Disney will now know you expect to be there at 1 PM so your room could be ready when you get there. We are often there around noon and only had one time when the room wasn't ready. Just an idea.
We are going to do online check in so that will help.

just have to ask how anyone only travel with carry on? I have to pay 25 per bag for the flight there so I am wondering if we can get most or all of it on by the carry-ons. the lady on the phone said a duffle bag type bag works as a carry on too. I was like How?

just have to ask how anyone only travel with carry on? I have to pay 25 per bag for the flight there so I am wondering if we can get most or all of it on by the carry-ons. the lady on the phone said a duffle bag type bag works as a carry on too. I was like How?
We get the smaller luggage that has wheels . We measure them before we bought them to make sure they fit in the over head compartment and we also take a carry on bag like a large purse or backpack that we take to our seat and put on the floor. This is similar to the kind we have
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-Monticello-21-Carry-On-Luggage/55434906

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter