What to do about a condo quote

jjjmranch

Mouseketeer
So I went online and priced out condos in Windsor Palms. One offer came back for $450 including taxes for a 3 bed 2 bath condo. Most are asking $550. Do I take it or is it a desperate condo owner who is in foreclosure? It sounds too good to be true. How can I tactfully ask the condo owner if he's legitimate?

So I went online and priced out condos in Windsor Palms. One offer came back for $450 including taxes for a 3 bed 2 bath condo. Most are asking $550. Do I take it or is it a desperate condo owner who is in foreclosure? It sounds too good to be true. How can I tactfully ask the condo owner if he's legitimate?

Would you believe him if he told you he is legit ? :laughing:
If you know his name and the address of the condo you could check out he Zillow site for sales and foreclosure listings.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/34747_r....313189,-81.617209_rect/16_zm/1_fr/1_rs/1_fr/

The site is zoomed in to Windsor Palms.

I only know his name and the street name - not the address. I don't know if I'm using that site the right way. But I'll keep on trying!

I found him, thanks. I don't think I'll be renting from him.

You know what they say, it's too good to be true, it isn't true. Darn.

If you found some damaging information, then good for you for doing your homework. But understand, while most homeowners want (and need) to keep prices stable, it's still a supply and demand economy where price fixing is generally a crime.
Right now, there is an over abundance of vacation homes/condos available. There seems to be a growing number of owners who are deciding that offering a deal like $450 a week is better than asking $550 a week and have it go empty.
Windsor Palms is a lovely resort, but not in demand the way Windsor Hills is. I would expect you can find great deals there if you look, and even more if you ask.
Next week we're renting a lovely 6 bedroom, 4 bath pool home 3 miles from WDW. We got it for $1000 a week, taxes and pool heat included. I just found the same home on ebay for $119/night ($833 a wk) as a way of filling in his open weeks.
That's the price of a value room for a 6 bedroom home with private heated pool!
You're right to do your homework, but I would not assume that a below market deal in this economy is too good to be true.
PS: In my search I found 6 bedroom homes in Windsor Hills for $1,000 a week tax and pool heat included. There are great deals to be found and offering you a discount doesn't make them suspect as a bad person.
The 6 bedroom home WE LOVE and usually rent for $950 total was booked the week we wanted this year. The owners are lovely people and good business owners. They lowered their prices in response to this economy and guess what: their bookings are way up!

I did write to him about the price difference and the generic email sent by WP mgmt about distressed properties. He called me from the UK this morning and he reassured me that the property was not in distress. Didn't even know you could look on Ebay for vacation rentals!
Thanks Trusted Traveler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter