What to bring to DLP ?

hellothere

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Just getting together a list of things to bring for our OCT trip....someone has mentioned an autograph book and of course a rain coat :)
Anything else that would be good to bring ???

A chunky pen to go with the autograph book
Comfy shoes for everyone (you will all walk miles ;))
Painkillers, plasters, (there isn't a pharmacy or anything like that onsite)

Hats for when it rains rather than umbrellas (unwieldy and get in everyone's way)
Sweeties, chewing gum and something like chewy bars or similar (we are partial to tunnocks caramel wafers!) for snacks

If last October is anything to go by then shorts would be a must :goodvibes

Make sure you have a camera, spare batteries/charger and also a plug adaptor as they can cost the earth to buy in DLRP. If you have kids take Calpol with you as I haven't seen anything like it on sale in France anywere. Also another thing with the kiddies is to take something for them to do on the journey and also in the hotel rooms in the morning/evening (a portable DVD player works wonders with Kacee along with his favorate Disney movies...really get's him and us in the Disney mood)

Snacks! We save a fortune by taking plenty of cereal bars, sweets, little packs of dried fruit etc, and it means that our daughter can easily have a snack while waiting in a queue or for a show/parade.

We also take a tiny bottle with squash in it as sometimes the water fountain water doesn't taste too great (except on a really hot day in summer, when anything cold will do!) but it's fine made up into squash. Much cheaper than buying soft drinks in the parks.

Reading that back we must sound like cheapskates!! :rotfl2:

Daft as it sounds - Suncream.

We needed it October 2007. It was the beginning of Oct, but it the sun was very strong.

As already said, First Aid things can be hard to get.

Mobile phone chargers. DS chargers.

Colouring books and crayons if you have children (for when they've had enough of Disney Channel) :)

in addition to MinnieMouse73's comment: bring a large bottle of dilutible syrup (to leave in hotel room) and a sixpack of 0.5litre bottles of water (if you travel by car, otherwise it's a little heavy!). The water indeed isn't very nice (both in parks and from hotelroom tap)- we took one bottle of "home water" and a bottle of "lemonade" with the "bad" water into the parks each day.
also, I imagine it CAN be cold in October (even in Paris), so it's nice to be able to have a hot drink, I think. We always bring our coffee pad coffee maker with us, to use in the hotel room in the morning and evening. Not only does this save a lot of money, it's very nice to have a quiet cup in the comfort of your own room. You could also take a kettle and nescafe, or hire a kettle in the hotel.

A suitcase of snacks!!

Also we brought old mugs (threw away before coming home), tea bags, coffee sachets, tea spoons and powdered milk. They supplied a kettle for us at the hotel and it was super to be able to make hot drinks when we felt like it.

I also took a small picnic into the park each day to fuel up between meals.

We also picked up a small (medium!) amount of duty free for relaxing in the evenings!

Have a great time!

a LARGE and spare mem ory card as you will take loads of photos lol

on our 1st tripe we only took a 2gb memory card so had to buy one there which cost about £20 and you can pick these up online for £3 usually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter