What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 4

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
Tuesday 19 August

Son decided before we went to bed the night before that he would not be getting up for EMH on Tuesday. He said he would be quite happy to have along lie-in then sit around, watching the Olympics on Eurosport until we got back at lunchtime.

The rest of us were up and out early, grabbing our breakfast on the way.

SSL14991Small.jpg

Our first ride today was Peter Pan, twice, then Pinocchio then Buzz twice then Space Mountain. Yay - 6 rides on some of our favourites in less than an hour and a half.

Another difference I had noticed about this trip was how glorious the flower beds looked in the middle of summer. there was a riot of colour all around.

SSL14992Small.jpg

After the obligatory photo of the castle in the sun.....

SSL14993Small.jpg

We decided to go over to the Studios for rope drop, so got in there about 9.45. It was open, although only Flying Carpets was actually running that early. We were a bit disappointed to find that they were not trialling the Fastpass for Crush that we had been told they were. We were hoping to pick up Fps for the afternoon when Son would be with us. He has never been on Crush. :sad:

Still it’s hard to be down for long at DLRP. We went over to RnRC instead, which was just opening up for business. After Dtr and Husband rode this we went to queue for the first English Stitch Live of the day. This was Husband’s first time and he thought it v. funny. We decided we would come back the following day when Son was with us as it would appeal to his sense of humour. We all queued next for TOT, although I didn’t ride, of course. It was approaching mid-day, so we decided to head back to the Ranch for our break and see what Son was up to.

He was still in his Pjs watching Olympics. :rolleyes: We had lunch and a rest and then went down to the 'villagey' bit of the Ranch to have a look at the animals and then go for a swim.

SSL14995Small.jpg

The pool was quiet once again and we were able to have fun shooting balls (or attempting to!) through the basketball hoop over the pool.

SSL14998Small.jpg

We went back to our cabin eventually and got ready for a return to the Studio. We decided to bite the bullet and queue for Crush, even though the wait posted was 70 minutes. :eek: It had to be done though - or Son would never experience it. Luckily it was only 45 minutes before they were grabbing shell, dude and Son said it was well worth the wait. We decided to head to Annette’s for our dinner next and had a fantastic meal (review written on the right thread).

SSL15009.jpg

The rain poured down whilst we were in there, but fortunately stopped before we left. We were hoping the Park may have emptied out, but it seem people are hardier than we thought and it was still quite busy in there. There was still plenty of time to do lots of rides, though. We went on POTC, Indiana Jones, IASW and then Casey Jr. It was getting dark early because it was still quite cloudy, so Casey Jr had his headlight on and it was quite exciting riding on it. :woohoo:
We went over to Frontierland to change the time of our meal the following night, as we wanted to see Tarzan first, then went on Phantom Manor. It was time for us to split up - the other 3 went off to ride BTM several times in the dark, while I crossed over a very crowded Central Plaza to get to Discoveryland and ride on Buzz. I also managed to get a bit of shopping done as well.
We met up and left just as Fantillusion was coming to an end. As we got back to Hotel New York car park the fireworks were just starting - are they loud??? We got back to the Ranch and played a few hands of 7 of Diamonds before going to bed. This is a bit of a ritual on our ‘other’ holiday to Cornwall - always have a game of cards before bed, so it was nice to bring an old tradition to Disney. Heads on pillows ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ after another great day.

Lovely day! Glad to hear your son said Crush was worth the wait! We really want to try it next trip!!

Bob xoxoxox

A lovely day :goodvibes and the pool at the Ranch always looks very inviting.
The rain poured down whilst we were in there, but fortunately stopped before we left.
We were on our way to the airport when it started to rain ........ I'm selfishly glad it held off until then.

Still reading :surfweb:

Your ds sounds like my ds and dd - teenagers, don't you love them :laughing:

Am off to do some work now but will be back later to finish reading your fab report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter