what time does the monorail start running to Epcot in the morning?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I just booked an 8:00am breakfast in Norway the last week of February and I will be staying at the Contemporary. I remember the first monorail out of the TTC to Epcot left at 7:30 back in April, but I was hoping the monorail out of the CR to the TTC leaves earlier so we can be there for the first monorail out? Can anyone confirm this? TIA for your help :)

The resort loop starts it's first run at 7am...getting to the CR about 7:15.

The resort loop starts it's first run at 7am...getting to the CR about 7:15.

Hmmm, that might be cutting it close. Do you think even if the monorail is late arriving at the CR I could make it to the TTC by 7:30? And if you could refresh my memory, how long is the ride from the TTC to Epcot via monorail?

It may be cutting it too close. It should take about 5 or so mins to get to the TTC, but if a monorail has just left for Epcot, you may have to wait 15 mins for the next one.
The ride to Epcot is about 10 mins, then, you have to trek through Epcot, to almost the complete opposite area..that is going to take you about 15 mins, depending on your walking pace.
You might want to get a cab to Beach Club, then you can walk through the International Gateway, to Norway, for breakfast. I would get a cab at 7:15..it should take about 15 mins to get to BC, tops. Then, it's about 10-15 mins from BC to Norway.

thank you very much for the great tip, Diane! I have always wanted to check out the Epcot resort area and this would be a great way to get a little preview :)

Well the Monorail ride from the Contemporary to the TTC is very fast since it's the next stop. In fact here is a video from Youtube so you can see exactly how long it should take and it's 100% accurate since the Monorail didn't need to stop for traffic clearence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0-r7H3Kyo

Assuming the Epcot Monorail is already there at the station you should make it on time, because it's at least a 5 minute wait if you need to wait for the next Monorail to arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter