What time does our luggage have to be at Bell Service? Also a review of Soarin tour.

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
BWV to AKV. We have the Soarin Tour at 8 AM. Can we go back to BWV and give our luggage to be transferred then? It should be before 11.

We often get BS to pick it up just before we check out from our first resort at 11am. I believe they transfer early afternoon.

We often get BS to pick it up just before we check out from our first resort at 11am. I believe they transfer early afternoon.
Good. At first I was afraid we had to get it there before we left for the tour. Thanks!

Typically, the actual transfer of luggage begins around 3pm. If you get it to Bell Services by normal checkout time (11a) there should no problem whatsoever. Even with a late checkout, there shouldn't be an issue.

Just be aware that regardless of when you drop your luggage off, it is unlikely you'll see them again before 4pm.

Steve

Typically, the actual transfer of luggage begins around 3pm. If you get it to Bell Services by normal checkout time (11a) there should no problem whatsoever. Even with a late checkout, there shouldn't be an issue.

Just be aware that regardless of when you drop your luggage off, it is unlikely you'll see them again before 4pm.

Steve
Good to know! We have afternoon FPs, and will arrive at Jambo around 5.

Refresh my memory, usually rent a car...
Will luggage be in room or @ bell services?

Can you still leave your luggage in your room to be transferred or do you have to take it to bell services? Last time we did a transfer was 2012 from the Poly to OKW, but we called bell services and left the luggage in the room and they transferred it after we left. Is this still the case? We're staying 1 night at SSR before transferring to OKW in May and want to make it as smooth as possible.

Can you still leave your luggage in your room to be transferred or do you have to take it to bell services? Last time we did a transfer was 2012 from the Poly to OKW, but we called bell services and left the luggage in the room and they transferred it after we left. Is this still the case? We're staying 1 night at SSR before transferring to OKW in May and want to make it as smooth as possible.

You were very, very lucky they did that. It's never been allowed to just leave it for Bell Services to take. Perhaps one reason why they now very consistently state you must be in the room for Bell Services.

Wow! Good to know! I believe that's the only time we've done a transfer (maybe also like 10+ years ago but I can't remember...) and we called bell services at the Poly the night before we were to check out in the morning to find out the process and they told us to leave it in the room the next morning. We then had to call bell services at OKW to have it delivered to our room once we checked in.

Wow! Good to know! I believe that's the only time we've done a transfer (maybe also like 10+ years ago but I can't remember...) and we called bell services at the Poly the night before we were to check out in the morning to find out the process and they told us to leave it in the room the next morning. We then had to call bell services at OKW to have it delivered to our room once we checked in.

Maybe were you concierge level? Perhaps they would do it then. They don't know but maybe a long time ago.

OP here. We loved the Soarin Tour that DVC sponsors! In the end, we went back to our room packed and used Uber to go to Jambo where we had concierge.

OP here. We loved the Soarin Tour that DVC sponsors! In the end, we went back to our room packed and used Uber to go to Jambo where we had concierge.
Great! Did you post a report somewhere? (No pressure if you haven't yet, I just didn't want to miss it. )

Great! Did you post a report somewhere? (No pressure if you haven't yet, I just didn't want to miss it. )
Well, let me do it now!

Woke up at 6, I walk slowly, left BWV at 7. Tried to walk to International Gateway, but a locked fence prevents us from nearing it. Tom walks more quickly over to BC where he tells Concierge there our dilemma. We are to be in Epcot, by Club Cool and Fountain View to check in at 7:45, it's 7:20. Bruce checks with someone, and issues us a voucher for a cab, we get to Epcot's main entrance by 7:30, and there's a line of folks who have breakfast ADR's and no one is being let in! At some point we realize that no one is going to be checking in, there are other Soarin DVC members in line. My guess is we finally got into sign in shortly before 8, and the tour began aroun 8:10! Whew!

Now, I forget our CM's name, but she was excellent, and I am going to send a letter complimenting her on her presentation. She began telling us that she has worked for Disney for 8 years, in many capacities, including the Cruise Line! She obviously loves her job and immediately afterward took us to an Epcot time line, beginning by telling us Walt's dream of a community where people lived and worked towards a better future.

She talked about how technology and world cultures are highlighted in Epcot, and the new Soarin around the World fits perfectly into the picture.

She told us many wonderful things that I did not know about The Land building, including the beautiful mural at the entrance. We learned how the scents are incorporated into the ride and more about how the film was put together. We rode the ride.

It was definitely a highlight of this trip.

Just know that getting there may not be as easy as you think. I had been told I would have no problem getting there by International Gateway....that was not true. Was it just a problem yesterday? I do not know. I am very thankful they provided the taxi for us.

There were 23 in the session. I was with my husband, my sister who was our guest, and a friend who is also a DVC member.

Any questions?

Bobbi

Yes! How did you find out about this? I also recently heard about Moonlight Magic- please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Yes! How did you find out about this? I also recently heard about Moonlight Magic- please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Go to the Member Site, look under Member Experiences. It is difficult to book, so keep trying, I think it is worth it!

The adult must be in the room policy is the result of an agreement between the union and Disney to increase bell services tips. DME doesn't have that requirement because bell services is tipped through the DME contract.

:earsboy: Bill

Luggage transfers do arrive in the 3PM-4PM timeframe, so be sure you do not need anything that you have in those bags. I went to the spa on Sunday and failed to realize I was wearing sneakers. I walked back to the villa in those stupid disposable pedicure flip flops AND still had no proper flip flops when I got there because the bags had not arrived yet. Every time we have the resort transfer our bags we end up needing something that was in the bags. We either need to plan better or stop having them move our bags.

I called yesterday morning for the Soarin' tour. 180 days out. Nope. Booked. I can't decide if I will keep calling because I just don't know if I care that much. With F&WF I am sure we will be busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter