What teachers are going thru with remote teaching.

I'm a school speech pathologist. Spring was hell. This year we are back in person, but one of my schools is fully back (with a fully remote option for those that want it) and the other is hybrid, with an option for 100% in person for those that need it and an option for fully remote. It's a scheduling nightmare. I'm not yet working 14+ hour days like I was in the spring, but those days are coming. And the current situation is still more enjoyable that fully remote was.

I know it will get easier, but right now I feel like I’m in virtual hell. Totally different then the spring. At least we knew the students when we started out virtually back then. Now, it feels like an uphill battle to connect and figure out strengths and weaknesses.

I’ve learned a lot, but a I wish I was more techie. The troubleshooting takes up all of my time.

I know it will get easier, but right now I feel like I’m in virtual hell. Totally different then the spring. At least we knew the students when we started out virtually back then. Now, it feels like an uphill battle to connect and figure out strengths and weaknesses.

That is exactly what one of my fully remote neighbors said... stressing with all new kids, none of whom he knows at all :sad1:

Now his challenge is creating a meaningful remote back-to-school night for parents!

I am so thankful that I get to teach my 3rd graders in person everyday. Only 14 this year! We have lots of rules and restrictions, but what a gift! It has put a spring in my step every morning as I head out the door, because I know exactly how lucky I am. I did remote teaching last spring and I’ve never worked harder, or felt less effective in my career.
We’re definitely seeing a regression in the kids’ skills This fall, but we fully believe that it’s temporary. We’ll get back on track.

My SIL (special ed teacher) is seriously considering taking a leave of absence for the year.

My husband is considering a leave next semester. It’s brutal. He has both in-person and virtual classes. It’s not that one is more difficult, it’s that he has to do both. In-person has problems related to mask compliance and transparency (the school wasn’t telling him why kids were out- are they out for a day, or are they out for two weeks to quarantine). A lot of the kids seem to think that they get an automatic pass just because they go into a classroom. For virtual, the current overall district fail rate for math classes is 2/3- again, because many of the kids are expecting an automatic pass. Jokes on them though. Husband has said that the school is already reallocating teachers- as in, a teacher with mainly Algebra II next semester will be swapping out their classes for Algebra I. I expect the graduation rate to decline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter