What Surprises have you planned for any of your Disney vacations?

Wow now thats a great story!!!!!

Still decding how to tell DS. He knows we are flying out Christmas Day and thinks its to FLL. My brother has bid on some ebay pins (DS LOVES pin collecting) and we have some postcards thanks to MeMom and Jill.

How to pull it together is still TBD. I keep coming back and reading everyone's ideas- wow you are a creative bunch!

we are lucky enough to go yearly,so I like to plan a little something different for each trip.....last trip my boys (10 and 16) liked the archery class at Fort Wilderness-
the year before we did family horseback riding-
some years it's been a trip to Seaworld or visiting Universal too-
usually I pick one extra each trip-as everything is budgeted carefully.

In '08 I went with my mom, brother, SIL and two nephews.

I had arranged it so my SIL thought we were going back to the pool one afternoon but took her to the Ritz for a massage.

The next morning, I got my brother out of bed early and we went for a ride along at the race track.

I surprised my nephews with a trip to SeaWorld which gave my brother and SIL a day and a romantic dinner together.

I babysat one night so my mom could go out to dinner with them too. Naturally the youngest got really sick and my SIL ended up coming back to the room to care for him. My oldest nephew was sooooo good that night (really the big brother and helping me out) that once my SIL got back I told him he was getting a special present even thought it was late. He's a huge Star Wars fan so I took him to DTD and we made light sabers!

The night before we left I took my mom out to dinner and to see Cirque.

This last January I went with a friend/coworker. I usually rent points and stay at OKW because I always thought I needed a kitchen (food allergy). We were getting a 1 bedroom and we were both a bit nervous about sharing space - we were going to split the time (half on the sofa bed/half in the bedroom) but I got a two bedroom and paid the difference. The look on her face when they were checking us in and confirming a 2-bedroom. She started saying, "No that's not right." and then saw my grin. I also got her ears with her name.

Now I'm surprising my mom with a trip later this year. Its been challenging saving for this one because we're moving into a new house in October. I'm getting the mortgage so my finances are an open book. My brother and SIL are "hiding" the savings I've accumulated.

My mom loves loves Christmas - all aspects. And I'm Scrooge. So she suspects nothing! On Thanksgiving, four days before we leave I'm going to give her hints with little "That for which I'm grateful" notes in our new home - alluding to the best place on earth to celebrate the holiday.

I'm not going to give her too many details about the trip. We're staying at CR and AKL (because I CAN trust Disney with my food). We're touring resorts, going to MVMCP, the CP and the Osborne Lights - even the Yuletide tour - I'm gonna Christmas her butt until reindeer fly out of it.

I'm surprising my DH with a Steam Train tour. He really likes trains, and I think he's going to be totally surprised. He has no idea Disney even does these.

We'll be celebrating our 20th the month before our trip. I can't wait to see DH's face. I'm just telling him it's early EMH that day, and we'll walk over from BLT that morning. He'll find out when the tour starts.

The feeling of surprising DH just makes me so happy. :lovestruc

I cannot wait to go on our trip.

What a great thread! Glad I ventured off the TR and PTR boards tonight :goodvibes

I love surprises.

Last year I had custom mugs and valentines candy sent ahead to our FW cabin.

This year we surprised our two youngest with a Spring Break trip to Disney California Adventure. We'd told them we were going on a trip to visit a friend. They assumed we were driving, (we'd told them a couple hour trip) until we pulled in and parked at the airport! We flew into Long Beach and knowing that they wouldn't have a clue where that was, we didn't tell them where we were going at all. We had the boarding passes and it wasn't until we were getting on the plane that they knew it was Long Beach CA. Which meant nothing to them.

Once we were in flight we gave them each a puzzle that they had to put together which spelled out the trip. It didn't show everything though, half way through the trip we moved to Paradise Pier.

This upcoming trip has it's share of surprises. Originally we were supposed to be at POP for one night, YC for 7 and then over to Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) for 4. Due to a change with my in-laws travel dates we had to change it so that the YC was only 5 nights. The kids think we are at POP for the first 3 but we will be at WL...and they won't find out until we get in a different DME line!

Other surprises are little but for all ages, packets of pins for trading to hand out at breakfast after our red-eye, glow bracelets for night time, glow in the dark silly bandz, new shirts for a photo session and big...girls tea at the Grand Floridian for myself, my MIL and our 13 year old, and the big one is an Illuminations cruise that leaves from the YC while we are staying there.

I am LOVING the Epcot Amazing Race idea and am totally going to have to copy that for a sibling food and wine trip!

Some of these are really great ideas!!! We are going in January and staying at OKW. We have invited my BIL, SIL and DN12 to go with us. My DN knows nothing about it. I am trying to think of a way to tell him. I would personally LOVE to wait until the day of the trip but my SIL doesn't think that will work. I am now trying to come up with a fun way to tell him.

I did like the idea of the countdown calendar but leaving early.

Still looking for more ideas... These are great!!!

Personally, I don't like surprises. :rolleyes::donald:

Haha, I agree! I hate being surprised, but I love surprising others!
Next trip, I can't wait to surprise DBF-- not too sure what it'll be yet, but I want it to be fabulous!
Last year, he had no idea I told the Yachtsman that it was his first trip-- we got personalized menus! He loved it!

I'm planning a gift box for my boys. This will be their first trip and they will be almost 4. I've been collecting small Mickey toys and other items for about a year now. I'm going to wrap up the boxes and have them waiting on their beds when we return from our first night's dinner with a note saying it is from Mickey. I'm going to include a Mickey shirt for them to wear the next day, our first park day. I've included plastic cups with straws, a small stuffed Mickey, stickers, and some small toys. I'm also going to add a small flashlight for the rides that might be dark. So far that is all I have planned, but this thread had inspired me to do more. We're travelling with both grandmothers so I may find a way to surprise them too. Great ideas!

We are doing an Amazing Race around Epcot. Our family loves that show. It has been REALLY hard to keep it a secret. I saw a trip report with one and someone on the Creative DISign board had all the clue cards, etc., so I was inspired to make my own.
QUOTE]

This sounds like fun! My family loves Amazing Race. Anyway you could share some more info on it?

I too enjoy being the one surprising, not being surprised. Here is the list from past trips and our upcoming trip in Sept.

Feb 2006: We celebrated DD's 5th bday and DH's bday this trip. Arranged for autographed Mickey photo and balloons for DH for his day.

On DD's bday, we ate breakfast in CRT and then arranged through Gifts of a Lifetime for a scavengar hunt through MK for her bday presents. To this day, DD and DS both think the princesses arranged it. Also got card from Aurora and balloons.

Dec 08: MIL has health issues so she didn't want us to tell kids they were planning to come on the trip in case they had to cancel at last minute. So MIL/FIL flew through Chicago and we flew through Charlotte and arrived in WDW an hour apart. We took kids to Epcot and while waiting at Le Cellier for dinner, MIL/FIL showed up. The looks on our kids faces was priceless.

For DS's 11th bday during the trip, I had arranged personalized menus and diver with Happy Birthday sign at Coral Reef (they discontinued it shortly afterwards), Wishes Fireworks cruise with Cake, hot chocolate, etc. On his actual bday, SIL showed up to surprise him as well.

I also arranged for welcome baskets from Baskets by Betsy for both of them.

Sept 2010 (my bday trip, do you see a trend??): Kids think we are staying at POP again but thanks to 40% pin we upgraded to Beach Club. :woohoo: and last week to surprise DH, i upgraded to Club Level (it was only $200 more). Since we are staying CL, we are doing Wildlife Safari Tour in AK. I have arranged welcome beach pails with the CM in CL for each child to be waiting in our room.

I'm surprising my Mum with KTTK on our second day and Wishes dessert party 6 days later. Trying to think of ways to tell her the night before to build up her excitement. Any ideas guys? :confused3

We are going to Disney next Wednesday! It will be my DW and DS (2) and me. We are celebrating our 5 year anniversary as well as both of our 30th B-days. My wife knows that I have planned something, but she does not know what it is. I have schedules a babysitting service for our son for a day and I am taking my wife on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We have always wanted to see all of the MK secrets so I think this will be really exciting! Let's hope she feels the same way. BTW, I already got her consent to use babysitting while we are there. :cool1:

I am loving all these tips to make WDW extra special! I am taking my three kids and my mom, it is everyone's Birthday within 30 days of our vacation.

Because of all of these great suggestions, I am going to order tickets for MNSSHP, and have them at will call. I am going to leave a note for the kids in our room from Mickey's telling them go to will call for a special suprise! I am so excited.

We are going in October. When we arrive we are goin to check in and then tell my brother and nephew we are going to downtown Disney to look around and window shop. We are really going to take them to Disney Quest and then to dinner at TRex Cafe.:cool1::banana:

We will be celebrating our DD 9th birthday this year at the world, I let her pick the park she wanted to spend her birthday in and where she wanted to have dinner, what she doesn't know is I ordered a cake for her for dinner, then after dinner I booked the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. Here's to hoping she will have a magical bday at the world....I mean come on, how can she not?

One week from today I will be leaving for WDW!! Anyone else have any other surprises to share before I leave??? :confused3 Just incase I want to add anything while I am there...Let me know

I am going in November with my parents, brother, SIL, 2 nephews, and niece. They older two have talked about wanting to trade pins. I know the younger one will want to try that too. They will be 4, 9, and almost 11 when we go. I have lanyards picked out for them and 20 pins on each lanyard to get them started. They will get them the first day of our trip as a surprise. :wizard: I bought a couple lots of pin and the lanyards on ebay. Total cost was about $25 a person.

Two before we go my wife will be finishing up the INSANITY workout program. She already has lost a lot of weight and looks amazing. Her suprise...a Wishes Dessert Buffet to celebrate

We had the Disney Dining plan a couple of times.This trip is a surprise so even all of the packing must be done in secret!You will eat at fancier places and order more expensive items than you would if your were paying separately.We are going in August.When we arrive we are going to check in and we are going to downtown Disney to look around and window shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter