What supplies will I find in the kitchen at the Cabins?

talulabelle

DIS Veteran
We are leaving SOON! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

As I'm packing, I'm realizing I might need kitchen stuff....can anyone help me with what I will find there?

Do I need dish soap? dishwasher detergent? trashbags? tinfoil? coffee filters?

I'm freaking out! So much to do!!!:goodvibes

Wow ! Thanks!

Another question.... What time should I set delivery from garden grocer? Check-in is at 3pm, but we have a super early flight and I expect to be arriving at the campground by 10am. We were planning on checking in early and heading to the parks until our cabin is ready. should I set delivery time around check-in time? Should I set it early in hopes we will get our cabin early? Will the front desk hold the order for us in a refrigerator?

I was thinking I should just set delivery late. If we are not there, they will still take it into our cabin right? Will they put stuff in the fridg? Or should I worry about coming back from the parks to take care of this?

Any info is MUCH appreciated!

The list from AllEars is accurate...the things that often gets overlooked when preparing food in the cabins are things like foil (you mentioned that), plastic wrap, ziplock bags, etc. Also, the dish soap (not dishwasher) is also kind of "industrial", so if you don't mind that, ok but I like lemon, so we brought our own.
We brought our own groceries, so I can't help you with the timing of Garden Grocer...
Have a GREAT time!! :)

I don't know if it's on the allears list or not, but both times in a cabin, we didn't have a cookie sheet. So, if you need one, you may want to pack it. (Not too hard to transport, thankfully.)

I don't know if it's on the allears list or not, but both times in a cabin, we didn't have a cookie sheet. So, if you need one, you may want to pack it. (Not too hard to transport, thankfully.)

That's right, there was no cookie sheet...we used foil for the frozen pizza and biscuits that we did, it could probably substitute for some things, but depending on what you need it for, a cookie sheet would be nice. If we were to do it again, I would bring a few of the disposable aluminum ones you can get at the grocery store.

Careful with GG delivery times. We scheduled a 5pm delivery and got to our cabin around 3pm and found the food in the fridge.

I don't know who put it there or how long it may have been out. I'm sorry I didn't ask after we arrived. We had raw meat in that order and it made me very nervous.

Because of this we used Wegoshop last time and were thrilled with the very personalized service. The shopper delivers the food to you and actually selected some very nice fruits & veggies for us. Plus, they hand you the grocery receipt and charge you a delivery fee. We were able to use the groceries sale circular that week to get some items on the cheap :)

GG is expensive - more like shopping at Goodings.

I'd rather deal with a delivery charge and know what & when I'm getting than to deal with GG inflated prices and crappy delivery.

OH... if you plan on grilling make sure you have something to light the charcoal with. The cabins no longer have lighters in them.

thanks for the info! - I'm gonna have to cross my fingers on the delivery times...because I already placed the order....I called FW and the cm said there is freezer and refrigerated room in bell services where they will keep our order if it arrives before us. (I hope they get that right, as there is plenty of ice cream in that order)

We set GG delivery for 3-5 and the guy arrived at the cabin at 3 as we did to check in. Worked out well for us. I brought an outdoor spatula and that was helpful for our cookout. Only a plastic one in the cabin. Also brought bug candles and spray.

Make sure you bring coffee filters as there are none. the regular circle ones is what it takes... and someone here also said coffee mugs as the cups are real small and if you like coffee like I do bring travel mugs work great. There are only 4 of everything of silverware... OH bring lysol we do as you never know what the smells are going to be in the cabins:rotfl:I also spray the comforter, and the pillows and sheets and the toilet seat:goodvibes have a great time if you never been in the cabins youll LOVE it:banana::banana:

I don't know how to do links...but search this forum. There is a great thread the cabins. I will look for it and bump it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter