What? 'Storage Wars" is Faked?? Say it isn't so

After this cycle I'll never have to hear another yuuuuup ever again?
:banana: whoo hooo! :banana:

I decided the show was fake after the episode when they traveled to Oxnard and tried to describe it as a very upscale, new money type of city. Oxnard is the toilet of Ventura County.
I decided it was fake when 98 percent of the time it was one of the show cast members who won the lockers. You're telling me that out of 50 people that showed up to the auction it was only storage war people who won.

The sad part is I wonder how many people decided to start buying storage lockers hoping to find treasure.

Nope, but they only show the ayctions that the cast members win. If you pay attention at the beginning of the episode they sometimes say how many units are for auction at the facility, yet they only show 3 or 4. And a few this season they have been showing snippets of the other auctions in between scenes of the auctions they show.

It's obvious that the "sellers" are pre-screened and don't just walk up cold to the counters. I'm also sure that Rick doesn't just hang out standing behind the counter waiting for people to walk-up. Likewise, I'm sure the authenticators are often times "pre-staged". But this doesn't bother me, because I only really care about the items featured. However, I wish they'd knock off the blatantly contrived office antics.

In the book he says they close the store completely when they tape, and yes, people with interesting stuff are asked to come back for when they tape.

What is Storage Wars anyway? I'm picturing trucks full of boxes bashing into each other.

My favorite part was on page 5 of the complaint which includes "The producers of the series have scheduled appraisals of items in storage lockers several weeks before they are supposedly 'discovered' by a cast member who wins a particular auction."

I lost all faith in these shows after I was contacted for one of the "pawn" shows looking for particular items to feature on the show.

DH is convinced that tow truck show is real - SOuth Beach Towing. . IDK i think it is too dumb to waste time on. He also like Pawn Stars and American Pickers. But even my kids tell him " dad that is so fake!" and he argues with them that it is real. We just laugh at him lol.

DH is convinced that tow truck show is real - SOuth Beach Towing. . IDK i think it is too dumb to waste time on. He also like Pawn Stars and American Pickers. But even my kids tell him " dad that is so fake!" and he argues with them that it is real. We just laugh at him lol.

What was most shocking to me about South Beach Towing, and Towing Wars, is that there are actually cities where tow truck drivers race to crashes, and the first one there gets the tow. How unsafe is that!
We use rotational towing here. Tow companies sign up with the Police Department and Highway Patrol, prove that they are their drivers are licensed and bonded, and at the beginning of the year, all their names are drawn out of a hat and go on a list. Cops call the next tow company on the list. They HAVE to be able to get a tow truck to the scene in 20 minutes, or they have to pass to the next company on the list. The next crash, the next company on the list gets the call, as they go down the list. Screw up, you're off the list.

Isn't Hester claiming the show paid for Brandi to have implant surgery?
Even if true, Hester including that in the lawsuit was totally uncalled for and not germane to his legal beef with the producers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter