what sort of crib is provided for babies to be used in staterooms?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
our group will include a 13 month old (our granddaughter)

does anyone know what sort of crib is provided in the stateroom?

do you think we should bring a pack n play of our own to use?

all baby related advice/warnings are welcome (and will be greatly appreciated!!)...

Someone with actual experience can confirm (and maybe provide photos?), but from what I've read, they will provide a pack-and-play (not a crib) if requested. At least that's what we're counting on when we take our 18 m/o this fall, so we are definitely not planning to take ours with us.

It’s a pack n play. When we’ve taken our daughter (6 months, 16 months, and 23 months coming up) we’ve just put her in bed with us- and a few times with just me while husband took the couch. The pack and play takes up valuable floor space and we found ourselves dodging it the first day and found the bed easier for us to manage. You can always have them set it up in the room and then if you don’t like it they were take it back.

The nursery is great, they’ll also give you a diaper geanie for the room and change it twice a day, if you need them to make any special foods just tell them the night before.

Happy to answer any other questions!

It’s a pack n play. When we’ve taken our daughter (6 months, 16 months, and 23 months coming up) we’ve just put her in bed with us- and a few times with just me while husband took the couch. The pack and play takes up valuable floor space and we found ourselves dodging it the first day and found the bed easier for us to manage. You can always have them set it up in the room and then if you don’t like it they were take it back.

The nursery is great, they’ll also give you a diaper geanie for the room and change it twice a day, if you need them to make any special foods just tell them the night before.

Happy to answer any other questions!

there's no way my son and daughter in law would have her sleep in their bed...
my husband and i would (as we did with both our kids at times), but my son never would...
so i'd better make sure that i have the request on their reservation (i'm the one making all the arrangements)....
DCL obviously knows the baby's age, but i'm sure we need to have the actual request...
i would think the TA would do so automatically, but i'd better check with DCL to be sure...

now that i think about it, i'd better double check with the hotel in barcelona and DLP....

does DCL provide a sheet or do they just go with the pad itself?

i'm not a germaphobe, but the cruise is in europe so i'm a bit leery about measles (more than a bit leery - and the baby will only have had one vaccine and only shortly before we leave on the trip)...

I believe a sheet is provided. It would be a clean, laundered sheet, so I doubt that any bad bugs would be on it when placed in your room.

I wish I had a better picture. When we were on the Magic in 2016, the Pack n Play had a cover that attached (snapped maybe?) around the whole frame of it. I’m not explaining it well, but basically every surface that a baby would touch was covered with this sheet that could be laundered. The sides were still breathable, and I was relieved the top “rail” wasn’t covered in drool stains from toddlers chewing on it like other Pack n Plays we’ve borrowed at hotels.

Attachments

• 582E55F1-B19B-47AF-818D-C2E31B2D1B50.jpeg
    582E55F1-B19B-47AF-818D-C2E31B2D1B50.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 46
We sailed in summer 2017. It was a pack and play with a nautical theme. They provided a blanket and sheet but we brought our own sheet (I thought maybe she’d sleep better if she smelled her normal detergent, hahaha). They also provide a diaper genie.

Other suggestions: no stroller bigger than a cheap umbrella stroller (if any), we got some use out of a baby carrier, we loved the bumkins bibs (wash in sink, dry by next morning), hung (with ribbon) a shoe organizer on hook across from bed to keep all diapers, wipes, etc. in, bring washcloths from home (we go those dehydrated ones from dollar store and chucked them after cruise) and bottle washing soap from home if applicable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter