What should we do now about Coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been talk of another Great Depression before this? I personally don’t remember. Now I hear financial experts say we may headed into one now.

My childhood did shape me and made me who I am and I did alright but I never want to live that again. Or watch my kids be hungry or cold.
:hug: I think you have to sometimes take with a grain of salt what you hear and read. There are some who welcome a recession and tanked economy because of their political beliefs. (Yes, probably just as bad as wishing someone dead from corona virus that they disagree with on a message board, but there you have it.) The US has been through many tough times before since the Depression, and I believe we'll come through this ok, too. Just hang in there. I do hear what you are saying, for sure. It probably wouldn't hurt to start to think about back up employment if necessary. Some companies who have essential workers now are buffing up their numbers. But I'd probably just look around the hospital for another position if it comes to that, to make like easier. I'm sure there would be something you could do there, and that would keep your paycheck coming in.

From what I've read: "Just hours after health officials in LA County announced the boy had died from the coronavirus — health officials said there may be an “alternate explanation” and that his death would be further investigated."

I think maybe because of his age, his lack of insurance and subsequent directive to go to the hospital rather than urgent care because of his lack of insurance they are probably wanting to be a bit more careful in the investigation before definitively ruling his death primarily caused by complications of coronavirus.
Got it. The boy being turned away by urgent care brought to my mind the Hippocratic Oath: First, do no harm...

I'm just trying to fathom people that don't care about human lives, not to mention the toll this is taking on our people at the front lines...medical personnel, police (an officer just died in NYC), any essential employees out there keeping things going and risking their lives every day. I'm lucky to be a teacher and conducting distance learning from home, however, my husband (who has health issues) is considered essential and works outside the home every day. The whole idea of flattening the curve is to not overwhelm the hospitals beyond the nightmare it already is in some places like NYC. My brain cannot comprehend such a deep level of selfishness expressed by that person who was fine with letting people die. I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!