What should we do in Cozumel

mschaber

Earning My Ears
What are the best excursions in Cozumel? It will be me, my husband and two daughters 13, and 10. Thinking about the beach...is it better to plan this directly through Disney?

TIA!

On Cozumel:
DW and I rented a jeep and went out on our own. You can get away to some of the out-of-the-way places and just do what you want. If, you speak Spanish, DW is fluent, it helps as the locals will treat you special and they gave us multiple recommendations/tips/discounts/etc.

If you don't want to rent a car and drive around the island, then I would check on Paradise Beach. I just looked at their website, and they have a $2 entrance fee, and they expect you to spend a minimum of $10 on food/drink. Also check on Mr. Sanchos. Their website says "free entrance". But what does that get you (lounger, umbrella ??), I don't know. Some people like Playa Mia. Personally, I'm already spending a lot of money on my Disney Cruise, with all the food I want to eat on the ship, and I think it's a waste to buy a $50 per person "buffet & beach" package, when I could pay $12 at Paradise Beach, for a relaxing beach day, with a lite lunch. But hey, it's your vacation. See what fits your budget, and have a good time. You won't have any problem getting a taxi near the pier, to the beach clubs. And when you leave the beach club, there will be taxis waiting outside to take you back to the ship......jonathan

We enjoyed Paradise Beach very much when we went this summer. If the weather is nice when we are there on our Feb cruise will go again. In fact, my DSs(17 and 14) who never want to leave the ship, both said they would be ok going there again. :thumbsup2

Our favorite excursion has been the cooking class. We will surely do it again

Ah, well that explains it, it's Mexican food. Self preservation probably made me overlook it.

What did you expect the food to be? Would it be a problem for your personal diet somehow? Cozumel is in Mexico...

If you don't want to rent a car and drive around the island, then I would check on Paradise Beach. I just looked at their website, and they have a $2 entrance fee, and they expect you to spend a minimum of $10 on food/drink. Also check on Mr. Sanchos. Their website says "free entrance". But what does that get you (lounger, umbrella ??), I don't know. Some people like Playa Mia. Personally, I'm already spending a lot of money on my Disney Cruise, with all the food I want to eat on the ship, and I think it's a waste to buy a $50 per person "buffet & beach" package, when I could pay $12 at Paradise Beach, for a relaxing beach day, with a lite lunch. But hey, it's your vacation. See what fits your budget, and have a good time. You won't have any problem getting a taxi near the pier, to the beach clubs. And when you leave the beach club, there will be taxis waiting outside to take you back to the ship......jonathan

I'm going to jump on the Paradise Beach bandwagon. Really think "Private Beach Club" vs beach in the public beach sense. I was confused whEn we went and it made so much more sense when we got there. I was concerned about where we would go once we got to Paradise Beach, but it's an enclosed private beach club with a nice pool and beach chairs as well as water floats to climb and jump on. I don't recall exactly but the base cost was $2 and then maybe it was $10 pp for the water things to use? We had a ton of fun on them so well worth it.

We were a family of 4 with 2 boys 6 and 4 and it was great for them. The bigger kids would probably like it even better.

I'd like to nominate Chankanaab park. Cute sea lion shows, encounters if you want, or not, amazing beachside snorkeling (guided snorkel tours if you like), unbelieveable fresh food, great service, and hundreds of tiki huts to lounge under. We go each time and I'd happily go back.

At paradise beach do you just take a taxi from the ship and pay once you get there or is it something you need to somehow reserve in advance? This sounds like a great experience!

Oops - sorry, I just noticed that we can grab a cab quite easily - but still wondering if the beach club is something we need to arrange in advance.

At paradise beach do you just take a taxi from the ship and pay once you get there or is it something you need to somehow reserve in advance? This sounds like a great experience!

No need to book in advance. This is exactly what you do, take a cab and pay there.

And don't be alarmed by all the tour guides trying to get you to go on their tours as you walk off the ship. We had one tell us Paradise Beach is too far away, more money than it really is, very crowded, etc... and that we didn't want to go there. They had me convinced I had the wrong place or all the wrong info from what I had read here. I was almost ready to turn around and get back on the ship. As it turned out they were full of it and the info I had gotten here was correct. :thumbsup2

Someone posted a menu on TAdvisor, it's a little small but it's your basic TexMex selection. IIRC, a pitcher of beer wasn't expensive.
Great place, no complaints from us.

Funny. Vendors will say anything to get your dollars. They are the worst to go by at the dock. And the first taxi scavengers will try to charge $10 per person family of 4 (or more than $20). Negotiate, walk away. There's lots of them.

jumping on here as well, and will check out trip advisor for Paradise Beach. Last time we did the Western, we were scheduled to go on the Fury Catamaran and Beach party. However, it was very windy that day, so the excursion was canceled. DS and I got off the ship in the morning to do a little shopping right at port and as we were coming back it was POURING, so the dune buggy excursion that we booked after Fury was canceled was also canceled.

Trying to plan our trip this time and figure out where to do beach time and where to do something more adventurous (GC, Cozumel and Falmouth).

I have still heard great things about Fury, so that is still on my list for potentials for this trip as well...

We were in Cozumel this summer. Cabs were extremely easy from the port and not expensive. We did this Mini Sub adventure which also allowed us use of the resort for the day. It was amazing. The "crew" was great. They even allowed us to use their snorkeling gear while we waited. They also took wonderful pictures and had a DVD available for purchase (asked $40, but we offered $20 and got it for that).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...rine_Adventure-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!