~What Services Do You Think Disney SHOULD Offer With AP?~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
and Concierge? I feel that there has been less perks with AP lately. I also think if you book concierge instead of cutting like they are doing, they should offer more! like the first time I stayed concierge, I felt one service they should have is to pick up there concierge guests from the airport with Disneys own towncar transportion. and if staying in a resort regular level...that something just like ME should happen. I think this is something that should stay in place!!

any other ideas out there?
oh, I want my mickey montior

Can't speak to concierge level, but with an AP, I think it's just fine. It guarantees me 365 days of park admission. Anything else is gravy. Disney does not have to do anything else IMHO.

I'm with Debbie. I greatly prefer when companies don't try to confound offerings by combining bits and pieces together. I'd rather pay a little less for just what I want, than pay more for what I want plus a whole bunch of "extras" that I may or may not want. If I want them, I'll add them on myself, and pay the marginal amount extra for them.

I agree. I more than get my money out of my AP every year. If you are staying concierge and want transportation there should be an additional charge for that so those that drive don't have to pay it.

I think the AP 'extras' are just about right. The recent $50 rate for DDE was a good move on their part.

I dont know, but I kind of miss the passholder lounges that were availaqble a few years back.. how about getting a discount when you buy other kinds of passes, you know for friends that come along with you... :banana:

Maybe free parking or a "passholder parking lot" waaaaaaaay up close.

Otherwise, no complaints at all....................

JimB. said:
Maybe free parking or a "passholder parking lot" waaaaaaaay up close.

Otherwise, no complaints at all....................

Parking is free with an AP.

Believe me I know.

Saved closed to $300 on parking alone during 2002-2003.

But a passholder parking lot way up close is pure genius.

Keep those ideas coming, Jim.

I too miss those Ap lounges. They were so handy especially the one at the Animal Kingdom! Just getting out of the heat for a few minutes was so nice.
I also think Aps should get you a discount on food at the restaraunts-maybe an additional 20%. Free refills on drinks, and 20% on walk ups-like stands that sell the Mickey Bars and popsicles,etc. :banana: :cool1:

An AP refillable mug that you can use on your return trips at any resort or park if so inclined. :rotfl:

Can't speak for concierge because it is a service I wouldn't use, but as a perk for AP holders I would love to see Express Turnstiles for passholders. That might expedite people going through the finger scans at the Park entrances. Especially now that all tickets require the finger scan and a lot of people aren't familiar using them.

Other than that I'm thrilled to be able to get unlimited admission for a year and a hotel discount. So far my pass has paid for itself a few times over with the discounts on hotels rooms I've gotten.

How about getting rid of the finger scan completely ? It's no wonder I come back from WDW each time with a cold, etc. :)

How about special Wishes and parade seating for AP holders? They could block off half of Main Street just for us. How about special seating in restaurants and on busses- like up front, while everyone else squeezes in the back or holds on to the rails.

Honestly, I think the AP offerings are good enough.

Some AP perks could cost Disney little or nothing such as
  • AP parking area
  • Special viewing areas for shows/parades
  • Property-wide refillable mugs (Soda costs almost nothing!)
Some would just be a magically nice thing to do, plus they are something that other parks already do (Six Flags/Universal)
  • Guest discounts - even if just for day passes
  • Merchandise discounts (including Disney Direct/auctions)
  • Guaranteed hotel discounts-not just waiting for the dates & rates to be announced but a guaranteed % off rate rack IF there are no other specials
  • Restaurant discounts

I don't currently have an AP but some of these perks could really sway me.

IMHO, it's really not about what you are or aren't getting for your money.. the bottom line is that how many perks Disney offers in return for a pretty hefty investment is a direct reflection of how they really feel about their loyal guests over making extra $... For instance, I work for the bank that issues both Universal's card & Disney's card... our contract with Universal is to allow 2% of your purchases towards points, Disney's is only 1%... why? Because that comes out of the companies pockets not the banks...hmmmm :scratchin

Well, I am pretty happy with the perks that come with it, and we more than get our money's worth, since we go every week.

But...if we are just "wishing"...

Dining discounts on weekends and dinners, not just Mon-Thurs at lunch...

As many Fast Passes as we want, not just one at a time...

A constant hotel discount would be nice...

Admission to separately ticketed events, like Halloween and Christmas parties...

I could go on and on!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter