What service do you use to send small pantry/grocery items to your hotel?

Hi bumping up this thread. We used VONS last year and it was great! But for this trip it's saying it does not deliver and redirected me to Pavillions. Anyone had any experience with this?

Pavillions is owned by Safeway, so was Vons. When Albertsons purchased Safeway, some of the Vons store locations were sold because of the merger. It should be fine. Albertsons is owned by Cerberus Capital Management.

Did you have to meet the delivery person when staying at the Grand Californian? will they leave it with staff?

We've used Von's, Pavilions, Instacart, but I think those are all affiliated with Safeway?!? Just don't order grapes! Every time we've ordered them they arrive mushy (not squished, just poor quality grapes). And other than the time they didn't bring our case of water, we've been pleased with their services. You can oftentimes find coupons online for free delivery, etc.

You don't need to buy an entire box with Amazon, just install the Prime Now app on your phone or shop from PrimeNow.com, you can have orders delivered in as little as an hour for a small fee or 2 hours for free with around a $30 minimum purchase and you can order from Whole Foods which has pretty good prices these days, especially if you stick to sale items.

I don't know about the other services, but Amazon delivers to bell services and bell services will deliver to your room.

Vons/Pavillion 3 years in a row!

Had a problem last year as some of my items were expired. I called and they refunded immediately.

Instacart delivers from several places including Vons, Ralphs, Aldis, Costco and more. Their delivery service has been pretty good in my experience.

You don't need to buy an entire box with Amazon, just install the Prime Now app on your phone or shop from PrimeNow.com, you can have orders delivered in as little as an hour for a small fee or 2 hours for free with around a $30 minimum purchase and you can order from Whole Foods which has pretty good prices these days, especially if you stick to sale items.

I don't know about the other services, but Amazon delivers to bell services and bell services will deliver to your room.

Delivery is free with Prime Now if your order total is $35 or higher. If it's less than $35 there's a $5 delivery charge.

A point of clarification regarding delivery windows with Prime Now:
It's not a "2 hour from now" delivery promise. When you place an order, you select from available 2-hour delivery windows. So if the next 2-hour window is already booked up you won't get your order in 2 hours; it could be 4 hours (or possibly more). It's not really a big deal, but I wanted to clarify because it sounds like you're guaranteed to get your order in 2 hours. You might get it in 2 hours or it might take longer.

The same holds true for the 1-hour delivery window. The only difference between the 1-hour and 2-hour windows is that you pay extra ($4.99) for a 1-hour window, and the delivery window itself is only 1 hour long instead of 2 hours. Availability rules still apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter