What service do you use to send small pantry/grocery items to your hotel?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by superdeluxe, Feb 8, 2018.

1. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Earning My Ears

I know some have used Amazon etc to send snacks/diapers/wipes to their hotel prior to arrival. We were thinking Amazon, but we don't need to buy an entire box.

Are there other services that deliver smaller amounts of items/snacks?

2. poseys

poseys Mouseketeer

Von's grocery. :)

corrie563, CandMmommy and superdeluxe like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tlcdoula

tlcdoula DIS Veteran

We have used vons a few times and the service was great, this last trip I just used uber to run to walmart and grabbed some water and small snacks etc.

superdeluxe likes this.
  5. felice

felice Mouseketeer

Out of curiosity, do Von's accept orders made on non-US credit cards to be delivered to Disneyland-located hotels ? Might be something worth using if possible - have heard good reports on here about them.

superdeluxe likes this.
  6. tlcdoula

tlcdoula DIS Veteran

Yes I didn't have any issues ordering from them. They were great met us at our delivery time, and packed the items into our room for us. Great service.

abczmom and superdeluxe like this.
  7. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

If you're already an Amazon Prime member, Amazon Prime Now doesn't have the same "box" pricing. You pay for individual items, and delivery is free if your total is $35 or higher, or $4.99 if your total is under $35.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    superdeluxe and LYSE like this.
  8. sammykster

sammykster Mouseketeer

Does Amazon now do any alcohol beverages in that area or any other services that do this? We were thinking of getting a few things delivered for the room!

superdeluxe likes this.
  9. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

Amazon Prime Now offers beer, wine, and spirits in 12 cities, and Los Angeles (including the Disneyland area) is one of them.

superdeluxe and sammykster like this.
  10. superdeluxe

They deliver? Local grocer?

poseys likes this.
  11. superdeluxe

You don't have to get a giant pack of diapers or wipes? you can can single stuff?

12. superdeluxe

Wow. Thank you so much guys.

13. akfan513

akfan513 Mouseketeer

We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past. :)

superdeluxe likes this.
  14. disneychrista

disneychrista DIS Veteran

Not a local grocer. They are owned by Safeway.

superdeluxe and poseys like this.
  15. starshine514

starshine514 DIS Veteran

They deliver. Local store that is part of a large chain (part of the Safeway family of stores). Large store. Good selection.

superdeluxe likes this.
  16. Daniel Disney mom

Daniel Disney mom Earning My Ears

Such great information. I am trying to get a few things from Vons for our stay at The BWPP in September. I really would love a jug of Starbucks Iced Unsweetened coffee for the week. :)

17. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

Items are the same size you would buy in your local grocery store. A quick search for diapers resulted in package sizes of 18, 21, 25, 28, 31, etc. (as well as larger sizes). For baby wipes the count was from 30 to 80 and above.

Note these searches were done today for the Orlando area since my next order will be for a WDW trip and I would have to start my entire order all over again if I change the address to California. If you're currently a Prime Now member you can check out the selection online at primenow.amazon.com using the address of your hotel.

18. skippytx

skippytx Mouseketeer

Amazon Prime's selection wasn't so great when we were there last month. I got some stuff from Amazon, and the rest from Vonn's. I got free delivery on the first order which was nice.

19. traciruns

traciruns Mouseketeer

Does grocery delivery operate similarly to how it works in Florida? Are purchases left with bell services and cold items kept cold until you can claim them? We have our first trip to California coming up next month. Thanks!

20. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

I believe Garden Grocer serves the WDW area, not the DLR area. Vons.com and Amazon.com are the two grocery delivery services that show up regularly on this board.
    For the OP: there is a 24/7 CVS on the corner of Harbor and Katella that carries groceries, some produce, sundries, some souvenirs, etc. In an emergency, you should be able to use Uber/Lyft/taxi from your hotel or even walk there from the parks (about 10-15 minutes south of the Harbor entrance). There is a Walgreens across the street from the CVS and two convenience stores (7-11 and the A-Mart) just north of the CVS on Harbor. So, just in case you forget to order something or if you run out of something during your trip, you should be able to find it easily close to your hotel.

21. Mintycake

Mintycake DIS Veteran

Hi bumping up this thread. We used VONS last year and it was great! But for this trip it's saying it does not deliver and redirected me to Pavillions. Anyone had any experience with this?