• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What resort for 1st adult only trip in 24 years!?!

Which resort for DH and I 24 Anniversary trip

• AKL CL

• Poly GV

• BWI SV

Results are only viewable after voting.

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
I have BWI booked, but when i go this week i am going to see what is available with BB rate of 35%.

Which would you choose for a romantic trip?

We have stayed at the Poly several times, once at the Swan and i have stayed with the kids at AKL

My top choices for romantic getaways are AKL, BWI, WL, and GF in that order.

The atmosphere at AKL is the most romantic of al the hotels in my opinion. It feels so exotic and cozy and the views to the savannah from the balconies are so lovely. The Victoria Falls lounge is also very romantic with great drinks. Jiko, Boma, and Sanaa are also some of the best dining locations on property. The seating areas scattered around the property also offer great "moments" whereyou can relax with your spouse.

I also find Boardwalk to be a wonderful romantic getaway location. The rooms are well appointed and there is so much to do there. The lounge at the BWI is also a perfectly romantic spot to spend time with your spouse. The porches also have lots of rocking chairs to sit back and relax on. The Boardwalk also has its fair share of nightlife with Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall. There are also street performers out at night and the Surry Carts you can rent and ride around the lake.

The Wilderness Lodge is also a romantic contender, but it lacks the uniqueness of the AKL and the abundant nightlife of BWI. It is so cozy though that it makes you want to snuggle up with your spouse. The food at WL is also pretty good, but not exactly "romantic."

Finally, though I have yuet to actually stay there, the GF is a big contender as a romantic destination. The phenomenal restaurants and abundant shopping available on this property make it a tick about the rest. There are plenty of romantic choices as far as meals go. There is also a full service spa in the GF and that can elevate a Disney getaway to a whole new romantic level! The feeling of the lobby may not be as intimate and cozy as the priviously listed hotels, but it is still quite beautiful and "grand" ha!

Hope this all helps! You can personal message me if you would like further input :)

A lot of construction going on at gf right now. That being said like the poly you can sit on the beach and watch fireworks over mk, sit in one of the lobby areas at night and enjoy the band play on balcony. If I had to choose however I would take the WL or akl

Have a great time!

I voted for the BWI because it is a beautiful resort and within walking distance to Epcot which is very adult friendly;)(drinks).

Strolls on the boardwalk at night can be very romantic.

I should have added that we Honeymooned at the GF but neither of us really has any desire to go back. No real reason either.

I voted for the Poly. We've never stayed at BWI (but it is one we want to try) and AKL is beautiful, but the Poly would be my choice for a romantic getaway. I love everything about the Poly. Lying in a hammock on the beach while watching the fireworks and walking around at night under the lit tiki torches is a great way to spend romantic evenings :cloud9:. Good luck.

I voted for the BWI because it is a beautiful resort and within walking distance to Epcot which is very adult friendly;)(drinks).

Strolls on the boardwalk at night can be very romantic.

I agree with everything this poster said! :thumbsup2 However, my first choice would be BC, but since it is not listed BWI is my next choice! I love being within walking distance of Epcot.

Thanks for the opinions so far! Leaving in 6 hours. Any more votes?

We love the BW for romance, but if you're there now, why not walk around all three and book the one that gives you "that feeling". None is a bad choice, so any way you go, you'll have fun. After all, the person you're with makes the romance, not necessarily the location. :lovestruc

My vote is Poly. Torch lit paths, love the beach, watching Wishes and electric water parade, hammocks, beautiful landscaping.
My 2nd choice would be AKL CL. Stayed there last August, and the CL is wonderful.
For an Epcot resort I'd pick BC or YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter