What quality do you have that is opposite of your sex

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Males - a feminine quality you have, females a masculine quality you have

Me Im way to sensitive (but I hide it)

I fix stuff when it is broken (if I can). I installed faucets in both my kitchen & bathroom. Replaced the toilet seal. Replaced the valve to the clothes washer. Being single most/all your adult life means not having a man around to do the man chores. So it was either figure it out myself or pay someone to do it. Never could afford to pay someone so...

I fix stuff when it is broken (if I can). I installed faucets in both my kitchen & bathroom. Replaced the toilet seal. Replaced the valve to the clothes washer. Being single most/all your adult life means not having a man around to do the man chores. So it was either figure it out myself or pay someone to do it. Never could afford to pay someone so...

I wish I could, I pick up a hammer and break out in a cold sweat

:laughing: Haven't you people learned anything from the McDonald's toy thread? There are no boy or girl qualities, just qualities and anybody can have any of them. Thank heavens the DIS exists to educate us all, but we must be willing to learn. ;)

Every one. Like every quality. I wear men's clothes: denim and tees, my kicks are set of oxfords, I cuss like a sailor, handle gross messes far better than my hubs, but I'm genderqueer so I kinda get a cheat here. 😆

Every one. Like every quality. I wear men's clothes: denim and tees, my kicks are set of oxfords, I cuss like a sailor, handle gross messes far better than my hubs, but I'm genderqueer so I kinda get a cheat here. 😆

Im a little confused I not sure what genderqueer is, I thought for what ever reason you are a male who likes to dress like a female but this post confused me, If I insulted I am sorry I just dont understand

Im a little confused I not sure what genderqueer is, I thought for what ever reason you are a male who likes to dress like a female but this post confused me, If I insulted I am sorry I just dont understand

Bio female that was always a bit too masculine and uncomfortable with my body. I could narrow down to lots of other labels but genderqueer is an umbrella term that just means I really don't adhere to female. I like umbrella terms better than specific little categories. People categorize too much and it's not my bag. It means at the renn fest when they say lords to one side and ladies of the realm to another I go with whatever mood strikes me. I wear men's clothes and unload trucks/stock shelves. On an average day I just think of myself as human and that's where it ends. Hope that helps.

It also means if anyone calls me 'Miss' or 'Mr.' or 'dear god what is that thing' I just shrug. I don't really mind whatever makes people comfy.

Bio female that was always a bit too masculine and uncomfortable with my body. I could narrow down to lots of other labels but genderqueer is an umbrella term that just means I really don't adhere to female. I like umbrella terms better than specific little categories. People categorize too much and it's not my bag. It means at the renn fest when they say lords to one side and ladies of the realm to another I go with whatever mood strikes me. I wear men's clothes and unload trucks/stock shelves. On an average day I just think of myself as human and that's where it ends. Hope that helps.

It also means if anyone calls me 'Miss' or 'Mr.' or 'dear god what is that thing' I just shrug. I don't really mind whatever makes people comfy.

thank you, yes that helps, and I do agree about labels are far to narrow, but saying genderqueer kind of sounds like a term to be mean. But I get what your saying, dont try and put you in a corner you are what you are

Well, I'm a math person, which is against stereotype for a girl - but I never really thought that one carried as much weight as people give it.

Me too! Math and Science are my strong suits. English, as you can likely tell by my posts, is definitely my weakest area.

Along with that I like watching sports. I am better at setting up/fixing electronics in the house than dh. I can paint a room with ease, but ask me to do detailed work like doors and baseboards, I am horrible. Oh and I like beer over wine. :p

:laughing: Haven't you people learned anything from the McDonald's toy thread? There are no boy or girl qualities, just qualities and anybody can have any of them. Thank heavens the DIS exists to educate us all, but we must be willing to learn. ;)

I know you are trying to be facetious, but you are actually correct. We've made up a set of "rules" centuries ago about male and female stereotypes. Some people are too insecure to let them go. I mean, we could all still be in feudal societies and women could be kept as property beacuse we are too stupid to take care of ourselves?

Queer used to be a slur against a gay person. The LGBTQ community has embraced the word to get rid of the stigma associated with it. Just like other stereotypes people refuse to let go of, society has decided someone has to be one way or another in order to feel more powerful or more in control of others.

thank you, yes that helps, and I do agree about labels are far to narrow, but saying genderqueer kind of sounds like a term to be mean. But I get what your saying, dont try and put you in a corner you are what you are

If labels are far too narrow, why did you start this thread?

...Queer used to be a slur against a gay person. The LGBTQ community has embraced the word to get rid of the stigma associated with it. Just like other stereotypes people refuse to let go of, society has decided someone has to be one way or another in order to feel more powerful or more in control of others...
I understand this to be true and have been told so many times by gay friends and family members. To me though, from back in the day it was just, so, so ugly and derisive, I have never and will never let the word come out of my mouth.

I could narrow down to lots of other labels but genderqueer is an umbrella term that just means I really don't adhere to female. I like umbrella terms better than specific little categories.
In this context I always took it to mean not conforming to one gender or the other. Not transgender necessarily but not cis either. Would this be correct?

I have never and will never let the word come out of my mouth.
I would never use the term for someone who did not already identify and come out as such.

In this context I always took it to mean not conforming to one gender or the other. Not transgender necessarily but not cis either. Would this be correct?

I would never use the term for someone who did not already identify and come out as such.

Yep. I'm just me. I'm not worried about attracting anyone, or fitting in anywhere. I do what makes me feel comfy and I just don't really feel male or female.

Ah you guys are hitting upon the debate I've seen on other platforms. Essentially I'm old enough that I remember the queer rights movement, and queer studies branches in college in the 80's. To me it used to be an ugly word that's just fine now, but that's me and I'd never try to make anyone uncomfortable if they didn't like it. Honestly I've been here a while but I'd not really have ever even told anyone outright about myself (Though I had it in my profile) but I cannot resist a joke so when I saw this topic I knew I had to mention that I was 'cheating' by posting here. 😆 I have a terrible sense of humor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter