What pre packaged food items are available to take ashore?

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
My 12 year old has T1 Diabetes. Obviously we travel with fast acting glucose sources i.e. juice boxes and fruit gummies etc. I am wondering what pre packaged food items are available. Swimming seems to drop his sugar and he might need more sustenance in addition to fast acting glucose. I don’t see Uncrustables on the room service menu. I had heard those were available in the past.

Uncrustables should still be available if you call Room Service. You can also take the little boxes of cereal from Cabanas. They usually have at least one super sugary one.

Boxed cereals (from the buffet), chips (from the fast-food counters) and uncrustables (from room service or the dining rooms) are the only things that come to mind.

Be aware that certain ports, most notably Cozumel, do not allow ANY food to be taken ashore, prepackaged included.

Uncrustables aren’t on the menu but should be available from RoomService. Be sure to request it remain wrapped. As PP mentioned, cereal boxes are available, and maybe chips, but not much else that would be allowed off the ships. I recommend bringing a box of protein bars or granola bars so you can a toss a couple in your day bag.

Enjoy your cruise!

Like others have said, its not guaranteed that whatever food you have from ship will be allowed onshore. That being said, though, in 15 cruises, we've never gotten off the boat without a few granola or protein bars in our day bag, just in case we get stuck somewhere or cant find food in a timely fashion (we get used to the food-fest that is the cruise mighty quick, and mama might get hangry!) I have never had anyone question pre-packaged, sealed up bars, crackers. or small box of cereal.

I wouldn’t count on the uncrustables.
They are not a listed menu item and it could be possible that they’re not available
You may want to bring something from home if cereal and chips won’t work.

I wouldn’t count on the uncrustables.
They are not a listed menu item and it could be possible that they’re not available
You may want to bring something from home if cereal and chips won’t work.
I wonder - has anyone ever reported NOT being able to get Uncrustables from room service?

Honestly, I would bring a supply of packaged snacks that you know work for your child from home. But to answer your question, Lays potato chips are available in snack sized packages on deck, and there are small cereal boxes at Cabanas.

I would bring prepackaged nuts, PB Cheese crackers etc that would be good emergency snacks with you so you have what is needed if at all possible, then if DCL has the uncrustables your in luck.

If you are going to Cozumel, Mega (the W-Mart of Mexico) is a 10 minute walk from the ship - you can pick up lots of snacks there if you need anything.

Also, did you call the cruise line and ask who you could speak with regarding what is available? We all have great suggestions and can tell you what we have seen/purchased/eaten in the past but only DCL can tell you for sure.

Also, did you call the cruise line and ask who you could speak with regarding what is available? We all have great suggestions and can tell you what we have seen/purchased/eaten in the past but only DCL can tell you for sure.
Well, they might be able to say what's available NOW (today). And, maybe, what is typically available (like we're doing here). But I'd be surprised if anyone answering the phone know for sure what's available on any one specific cruise in the future for sure.

Well, they might be able to say what's available NOW (today). And, maybe, what is typically available (like we're doing here). But I'd be surprised if anyone answering the phone know for sure what's available on any one specific cruise in the future for sure.

True, but it is for a medical so they may be able to note their reservation, and/or give them the best answer possible on what is normally available, and then the OP will have a better idea what to bring and not to bring. My hope would be that if she calls them, they might tell her to call the week before (or couple days) to confirm what should be available for their trip. They have a team of people that deal with things like food allergies etc, so I would think they might be able to assist them as well.

On a side not, the last cruise (or 2) we were on I saw the individual packets of smuckers peanut butter.

True, but it is for a medical so they may be able to note their reservation, and/or give them the best answer possible on what is normally available, and then the OP will have a better idea what to bring and not to bring. My hope would be that if she calls them, they might tell her to call the week before (or couple days) to confirm what should be available for their trip. They have a team of people that deal with things like food allergies etc, so I would think they might be able to assist them as well.

On a side not, the last cruise (or 2) we were on I saw the individual packets of smuckers peanut butter.

In Cabanas - bottom bin is peanut butter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter