What parks would you pick for an adults only trip?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going to Orlando for a wedding and we want to spend some time at Disney without the kids. We’ll have 1.5 days there and would like to do two parks - no hopper. What parks would you choose?

Why should the fact that its an adult only trip matter...
MK for sure for the whole day.
Then either HS or Epcot for the half day.
We have always gone with our very young children. For this trip we won’t be limited to height restrictions. We can also enjoy long leisurely meals and frequent stops for cocktails. We adore MK and prioritize that park when we’re with our kids, but since we can only select 2 parks, I’m not sure it is the best match for this trip. I asked the question because I was curious what others would pick.

We have always gone with our very young children. For this trip we won’t be limited to height restrictions. We can also enjoy long leisurely meals and frequent stops for cocktails. We adore MK and prioritize that park when we’re with our kids, but since we can only select 2 parks, I’m not sure it is the best match for this trip. I asked the question because I was curious what others would pick.

Those preferences may have been helpful to know in the first post.
See I go often without children but MK is still my absolute number one top pick for a park.
I like a cocktail as much as the next person but its not necessarily a priority when I consider what parks to visit.
Maybe what restaurants within the park that I'm going to be not the actual park preference.
Seems like you don't want to go to MK on this trip. So then I guess go to Epcot and HS. You can have long leisurely meals with cocktails.

Perhaps that fact is mentioned for clarity? Perhaps it matters to her?

Personally though I don't see why going with or without kids makes the difference and she didn't mention why it mkaes a difference to her in her first post but I see now it does matter to her with her style.
I go a lot without kids but what parks I go to doesn't change.

Personally though I don't see why going with or without kids makes the difference and she didn't mention why it mkaes a difference to her in her first post but I see now it does matter to her with her style.
I go a lot without kids but what parks I go to doesn't change.
I understand. You don't see why it makes a difference. But it seems it does to Ashleybritton.

When I go with kids MK is a top priority. When I go without kids MK isn't. Still love MK without kids but with only one and a half days to visit I wouldn't go if I didn't have kids with me.

Isn't it great how we are all different in the way we visit WDW? I, too, go a lot without kids and what parks I go to changes.

I am going to agree with a couple of the previous posters and say Epcot and Animal Kingdom. As Disney snowbirds DW and I find ourselves heading to those two parks the most. Occasionally to the MK and very seldom to the DHS.

Epcot and AK will give you plenty of possibilities for leisurely meals and cocktails. While you are at Epcot you could also wander over to the Epcot resort area for even more food and drink possibilities.

I agree with Epcot and AK as well. I like Magic Kingdom, and would certainly visit on a longer trip, but as an adult who travels with teenagers (both vacations with and without them), Magic Kingdom is less important/exciting to me.

My husband and I are going for 2 days in the parks MLK weekend with 2 one day park hopper tickets each. Kids or no kids, you will find me in MK. I warned him, it will be very hard to make me leave MK early. It may as well be a full day. We have to pick what other park to do on the other day. I'm thinking, in the morning, HS and later, EPCOT.
DISclaimer: We are in the eyes of our 4 children, terrible parents for not taking them this trip.

My husband and I are going to Orlando for a wedding and we want to spend some time at Disney without the kids. We’ll have 1.5 days there and would like to do two parks - no hopper. What parks would you choose?

Depending on the age of the kids, I might skip their absolute favorite park, to avoid feeling guilty. (If they're too young or too old to care, I wouldn't worry about that.) But I really love all the parks, so I would be happy at any!

If the kids' fav is not an issue, I agree that Epcot feels the most "adult", so I'd definitely do that one.

I'd probably pic the other based on hours. - For instance, if you want to be there super late, I'd probably do MK anyway, as it's usually open the latest. (I'd head out briefly to a monorail resort for a fancy dinner and drinks.) But if you're early-birds, and staying on property, I might do whichever park has morning EMH on the day you happen to be there.

Check crowd calendars, too. Some parks are historically busier on certain days of the week, so with your days dictated by the wedding, that might factor in.

It would say all of them, but Epcot and Animal Kingdom does seem to have more stuff that us grown folks would appreciate more (More upscale food, alcoholic drinks are more widely available, some of it is "educational", etc.). However, all the parks are great because they each have their "classics", especially Magic Kingdom.

I think your choices are spot on. I just returned from a solo trip and for the amount of time you have to spend at the parks, those two are the best IMO. I also would recommend AK at rope drop to be able to squeeze in Flight of Passage. It always has a long wait, but if you have a fast pass or can rope drop, I highly recommend it. It truly is a not to be missed especially if your trips usually have young children that won't meet height requirements. Then between the other ride options, shows, and food choices...it is an excellent choice. Epcot is always my must do...top of the list. Whatever you choose, it will be wonderful because it will be an adults only experience at WDW.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter