What makes HHI/VB "Disney"?

3DisneyKids

More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008
I have never been to either resort, so I am wondering what makes them "Disney."

I assume the resorts are beautiful with lots of amenities. And I assume that the CMs are well trained in that famous Disney customer service.

But other than that...is there Disney theming? Are there any characters there? What are they Disney touches?

Thanks in advance....

I can't speak for Vero Beach, but as for Hilton Head-it was never meant to have "characters".
HH is a Disney owned resort-that's why it's "Disney". Characters at HH would be totally out of place, and would definitely ruin the ambiance of a beautiful barrior island, that is unique.
I highly recommend it-you won't be disappointed.

Well VB is unmistakenly Disney, but a more relaxed disney- yes the CM have that special touch, the room was prepared last year with towels on the bed in the shape of mickey ears!
The cutlery, plates etc are all the usual disney stuff (not that it is really important) and there is a definate thread of disney running through the resort theming as with all DVC resorts.
But I think most importantly it is the quality of service at VB which marks it out as Disney - I love it! :banana:

3DisneyKids said:
But other than that...is there Disney theming? Are there any characters there? What are they Disney touches?

Quality of everything (well maybe so-so dining) but no characters. Mickey soaps in the bathroom and at Vero, a clock with Mickey hands by the elevator :) Otherwise, very little of 'Disney' and that's partly the reason I'm so fond of VB in particular.

Sea turtles lay eggs in the sand along the shore of the Vero Beach Area. The beautiful wood floor in the lobby of the hotel has "turtle tracks" distressed into it. It is a lovely resort.

Bobbi :)

Some would question if they are disney enough. IMO, I think VB gives a more Disney feel than does HH. However both are nice, relaxing, well run resorts.

Thanks for the all of the info. As always, the DVC'ers on the DIS are the best source of information!

We do the parks every year (and then some...LOL), so we are looking for something a little different for next year, and I think HHI will be it. Sounds like it will be the perfect pace with great customer service and attention to detail.

I think the disney touch for us at HH would have to be the heart carved into the bench in the mudroom with MICKEY LOVES MINNIE written inside of it. Oh, and all the hidden mickeys around the resort and even on certain pictures in your room! :love:

At HHI there also Disney topiaries as you enter the property. There are also some other hidden Mickey's around the property.

As to characters, you might get lucky and be there, when "Doc" makes an appearance. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter