What is your perfect Stateroom Location?

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
Just curious. Been reading the trip reports and read "perfect location" and they explain why.

What is your perfect locaiton and why? Which side of the ship is better?

I like a CAT 4, midship to aft, not to close to the lifts but not to far for easy access to Topsiders, pool, resturants etc.

We like category 7 AFT - deck 7. Close enough to topsiders and pool area that you can take the stairs up. Only two decks up from the kids club as well. Waiting for the elevator drives me nuts.

Just curious. Been reading the trip reports and read "perfect location" and they explain why.

What is your perfect location and why? Which side of the ship is better?

Each one of us will have a different opinion most probably based on our experiences. I really prefer port side (left) and mid ship or aft. Most of the staterooms we have stayed in are located on either deck 8 or deck 5.

I like deck 5 aft when I am taking a GK by myself as it is quiet and the same deck as kids clubs. When I am traveling with the whole cast and crew, we stay in a suite, preferably midship or aft on deck 8. We want to be close to the pools!!

As for our WB Panama Canal cruise, we are in a suite, deck 8 aft.

Deck 7 aft is my favorite spot, however we just returned from Deck 7 forward, and it was SOOOOOOO quiet, that it may be a tie now. :)

We LOOOOOVE Deck 2. Last time we sailed in an Aft cabin and loved it. This time we will be in a very, very far forward cabin and think we'll enjoy it just as much. Both are Category 9 cabins. We, personally, don't feel the verandah is worth the extra $1,000+ and prefer to use that money doing other things. Others really love having the verandah so it's really a matter of personal preference.

We've sailed on Decks 2, 5, 6 & 7 and Deck 2 is, far and away, our favorite deck.

my perfect stateroom is on any disney cruise line ship....heheheh....sorry had to say that. i have only sailed once and was on deck 6 mid ship.... loved it. Saw the title and just had to put in my 2 cents....have a WONDERfully MAGICal day!

We love 8582, it's a category 3 one flight down from the drink station. It was a perfect location for us, we spent lots of time running up for a drink or a quick dip in the pool.

We love 8582, it's a category 3 one flight down from the drink station. It was a perfect location for us, we spent lots of time running up for a drink or a quick dip in the pool.

Thank you so much for this review!!! We have this cabin booked for our first ever February cruise! Anything else you want to add about it???

By the way, I see you just returned from the Poly. We have a night booked there before the cruise and have never stayed there before. Any thoughts on the Poly?

We really loved Deck 2 near the aft elevators. It was quiet and quite convenient. We took the elevator up to Decks 9/10 but for everything else we were no more than 3 flights of stairs away from everything (kids clubs, theaters, restaurants, clubs, etc.).

Well the *perfect* location would be in either the Roy or the Walt suites!!
But other than that, I'm hooked on Deck 5 aft...
Low foot traffic, quiet, but perfect for us!

I'll be going for any deck, but near the aft elevators. My ideal would be just forward of the aft elevators.

We've been in 2602/2604 (Deck 2, just forward of aft elevators) and 6648 (deck 6, WAY aft). I didn't like being so far aft just for the length of time it took to get anywhere. I didn't notice any difference in motion between the two.

Thank you so much for this review!!! We have this cabin booked for our first ever February cruise! Anything else you want to add about it???

By the way, I see you just returned from the Poly. We have a night booked there before the cruise and have never stayed there before. Any thoughts on the Poly?

We absolutely loved our stateroom It was nice and quiet, spacious and a perfect location for us. The concierge team was wonderful and very accomodating. My older son was very ill for a few days during the cruise so having the suite was wonderful.

We did not enjoy our stay at the Poly at all. We wont be returning there. We had terrible mousekeeping issues, our room was filthy. We also had problems with bell services and I was not impressed with the worn out chairs in the 2nd floor lobby.

We did like the restaraunts, shops, grounds and pool.

We had a wonderful vacation anyway. We did all four parks, Downtown Disney, the two water parks and MNSSHP.

We like deck 7 mid-aft. 2 floors up to the drinks station and pools. 2 floors down to the kids clubs. Also has a laundry on the same deck so only a short walk to that as well :thumbsup2 .

Hmmm, I wonder where my favorite cabin on the ship is?????

I'm voting for anywhere on the ship.

All I need is a bathroom and a bed don't spend more than 8 to ten hours a day in my room anyhow.

I have decided that I prefer Cat 9 with it's natural light and lower price. It is the best value I have found on board.

We love Deck 2 midship preferably portside. It is so accessible to the Atrium/Guest Services/restaurants/bars on Deck 3, just another flight up and you're at the shops and Walt Disney Theatre on Deck 4, one more and you're at the kids clubs on Deck 5. Only have to take the elevator when going to Deck 9 and 10.

We've done Deck 5 forward too and that was a good location because there are very few rooms there....but really prefer Deck 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter