What is your favourite Soup(resorts and parks included)?

I had a great soup at Jiko two years ago-the Brentwood corn chowder, but it was taken off the menu last year. They had an awesome presentation where the corn was sitting in the bowl and the server poured the creamy soup in front of you. Now thats class ;)

Smoky Portobello at AP

Absolutely! It's my favorite item at Artist Point. I even have the recipe. :goodvibes I like this much better than the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier, and it even bumps from the list my love of all soups from Boma.

I had a great soup at Jiko two years ago-the Brentwood corn chowder, but it was taken off the menu last year. They had an awesome presentation where the corn was sitting in the bowl and the server poured the creamy soup in front of you. Now thats class ;)

I've had this type of service at Jiko before. I remember going in a May about 5 years ago, and the asparagus soup was on the menu for being "in season". They poured it into my bowl tableside, too. :cloud9:

I like beer cheese soup a little, but la cellier's isn't my favorite. My favorite soup would be artist point's smoky portobello. I had to get some for wife to go during one of her pregnancies - they fixed her up with like a quart container. She had it three or four times that year. We've eaten there probably a dozen times and it has always been good. Take some of that bread and dunk it in there and it is glorious. I've had good lobster bisque at both coral reef and chefs of france, but sometimes it isn't always great. Sometimes better than others. I had some memorably good soup at brown derby once also some kind of squash. Frankly, I also like the chili at trails end if you crush up the crackers in it and pile on cheese from the salad bar and dump in a bunch of tabasco, but that is sort of a different thing isn't it.

Absolutely! It's my favorite item at Artist Point. I even have the recipe. :goodvibes I like this much better than the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier, and it even bumps from the list my love of all soups from Boma.
I, too, have the recipe, though I can never quite make it as good as AP. . .I'm sure that has something to do with it being served to me in a wonderful restaurant with superb ambience! ;)

Portobello Mushroom Soup from Artist Point!!!!

IMG_0435.jpg

Lots of great soups at Disney!

Cheese soup at LeCellier
Potato soup at Rose and Crown
Lobster bisque at the Coral Reef
Strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare

and I once had an incredible corn chowder soup at the Wave. Unfortunately it was the "special" that night and I haven't been able to get it again!~

My favorite of all time was the chantarelle soup with pumpkin seeds at Jiko. Their current tomato soup is very very good and my current WDW favorite but it can't compete with that chantarelle.

Not so fast, it is not beloved by everyone and in fact if you search you will find plenty of people who aren't fans. Given all the obsessive hype, I was underwhelmed; a little too salty and with a subtle but discernible, almost sour/bitter aftertaste because of the beer.

I think your right, my expectations are so high now that it could never live up. It just sounds so good.

Oh, boy-let's hope we're never there at the same time, or that Chef's gonna be really busy making butternut squash soup. I also adore it!!
The smoky portobello mushroom soup at AP is my second choice.

Another vote for Boma's Butternut Squash soup (actually make that 2 votes - it's my 9 year old son's favorite soup of all time). Whenever we go there and they don't happen to be serving it, we just ask the waiter and they bring out bowls of it from the kitchen for us. YUM!!

My absolute favorites are:

-The Smoky Portobello Soup with roasted shiitakes and chive oil from Artist's Point at WL
-The Butternut Squash Soup from Boma at AKL

My favs are the smokey mushroom soup at AP (and I don't usually care for mushrooms) and pretty much any soup from Jiko. I've tried many soups for Jiko and they've all been devine

In October 2006 I had a Curried Cauliflower with Lobster bits at California Grill that was amazing! I could have done without the lobster, which would make it cheaper, I'm sure. It was soooo good. Don't know of when the last time they had it though.

Hands down the carrot ginger soup at Boma. A very close 2nd is the wonderful Chili noodle bowl at Sunshine seasons, and 3rd even tho I never get enough is the lobster bisque at Coral Reef.

Mulligatawny soup was a big hit with all six adults in our party last year at Boma, especially my parents who just booked free dining in September and have two ADRs at Boma!!! My father is going to clean them out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter