What is your favourite Soup(resorts and parks included)?

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
Trying to come up with a good soup for our Disney wedding. When we eat we go straight for the entree thanks to free dining so have never realy tried appetisers. So what's your favourite soup?

Rose and Crown in the UK Potato Leek Soup is the best hands down! I even got the recipe from the chef and have made it at home 2 times since we were there last month...YUMO!

DH is Lobster Bisque @ Yachtsmen
Cheddar @Lecellier

Mine is Potatoe @ Biergarten
Cheddar @Lecellier

can't wait to try Portabello @ Artist Point this upcoming trip

I like the Cheddar Cheese soup from LeCellier

I love this soup too. You must eat it with the pretzel bread stick though!

Also the Carrot Ginger soup at Boma is fantastic, but unfortunately it's not always on the buffet line.

The Butternut Squash soup from Boma (also sold at the Mara)!!!!!!!

There really aren't enough exclamation points to express my love for this! :laughing:

I like the Cheddar Cheese soup from LeCellier

:love: That is my favorite soup ever. There are others that I like from other restaurants but they are more of the seasonal soups. Like one year at Cali Grill I had a Corn Chowder soup that was amazing and then another time of year it was something else, can't remember but was still very good. The Lobster Bisque is very good over at Coral Reef :goodvibes

I thought I would get a lot of the Cheese soup from Le Cellier but I am quite surprised at the variety of favourites! There doesn't really seem to be clear winner but its nice to know that most of their soup is pretty good!

Bring on more of your favourites!

I have a few favs all from Boma -

Coconut Curry Seafood Stew
Butternut Squash
Lamb Potje
Pearl CousCous Seafood Stew - this one is my favorite favorite!

It used to be the tortilla soup at Wolfgang Puck Express, but it has recently been removed from the menu. I also adore the entire soup bar at Boma. It's worth the price of the entire buffet. My favorite is probably the chicken coconut curry stew.

I loves me some good Disney soup.

The ones already posted that I've tried are all excellent: 1900 PF strawberry soup (that seems spring/summer wedding-ish to me), LeCellier cheddar and Biergarten potato-leek (both with pretzel bread).

I've had some very tasty ones off the buffets in past trips: Crystal Palace sweet white onion, smoked tomato bisque from Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe, and potato-ham-leek from Chef M's.

The soups at Boma are AMAZING! The butternut squash is by far our fave. We do like the LeCellier cheddar, but it is way, way too rich for our taste in a significant amount. We got a bowl to share (hubby and myself) and it was too much. We like to dip the bread into it though which is delicious. As an honorable mention, the tomato bisque at the Plaza is amazingly delicious.

The Butternut Squash soup from Boma (also sold at the Mara)!!!!!!!

There really aren't enough exclamation points to express my love for this! :laughing:

Oh, boy-let's hope we're never there at the same time, or that Chef's gonna be really busy making butternut squash soup. I also adore it!!
The smoky portobello mushroom soup at AP is my second choice.

My two faves are the tomato soup from Sanaa and the tomato soup from Cali Grill. Can you tell I like tomato soup? They are differnt from each other but both are delicious!

I can't wait to try this soup. Oct. 1 :thumbsup2 It's one of the only things on here that people can agree on.

Not so fast, it is not beloved by everyone and in fact if you search you will find plenty of people who aren't fans. Given all the obsessive hype, I was underwhelmed; a little too salty and with a subtle but discernible, almost sour/bitter aftertaste because of the beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter