What is your favourite month for crusing?!

tinkerbell*Xo

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

I just recently took my first cruise, x4day's on the Disney Wonder in December! Needless to say I am now hooked and looking for more.
Just wondering from all the cruise experts out there, what month is your favourite month for crusing?!

We are 2 young adults (early 20's), not sure which to do east or west and are looking to go 2009(nov/dec) or 2010!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Well, your original question asked what my favorite month is. I like September. Yes, some people will call me crazy because it is hurricane season, but technically hurricane season is 6 months out of the year.

In September, the majority of the kids are back in school. There are lots of babies and toddlers on the ship and relatively fewer older kids. Since I'm not involved with babies or toddlers, they don't really impact my activities at all. Having fewer tweens/teens is a plus to me as my DD is in that group. The weather is warm but without the ferocious heat and humidity that comes with the summer. Also, this is one of the cheapest times of the year to cruise.

The weather and water temps will get progressively cooler as you go thru the winter months. That said, we've done great February cruises as well.

We have been on Disney cruises in February, late March, July, August and November. By far the best time was in late March for spring break. The weather was sunny and warm which we look forward to after a cold Chicago winter. The two Thanksgiving cruises on the Magic were the worst for sea sickness. In 2005 hurricanes left us unable to tender in Grand Cayman (we just had to skip the port and had another sea day), we missed Cozymel as the port was destroyed from a hurricane earlier in the month and one of our days at Castaway Cay was cold, overcast and dreary.
The July Mexican Riviera cruise was beautiful on the way out, but very cool and overcast weather on our sea days.

We went on the 7 night western on the Magic this past Thanksgiving. Although the weather was warm, and no rain, we felt the water was too cold for our enjoyment.

I vote for October - that way we can work in Epcot's Food and Wine Festival!

I like the summer months...mainly July. I'm a real wimp :rolleyes: when it comes to water temps, so I like it in the summer when the water temps are the warmest.

I'm a fan of January. It's always nice and warm in the Caribbean, plus there are some pretty good deals in January sometimes. :)

thanks for all the responses! :)
Im thinking about November for the western with two stops at castaway cay!

May. Water temp good, air temp not too hot!

I second May... Dh and I went on our honeymoon cruise with RCL in May and it was wonderful. We did not see one drop of rain and we were gone for 2 weeks! Great tempt as well!

We have had a Dec cruise and 3 May cruises (soon to be 4). So needless to say, I vote for May. We have always had smooth sailing and picture perfect weather in May. Our Dec cruise was the only time we had trouble with rough seas.

We've cruised twice in February. Loved it! Seas were calm, the weather was perfect! Upper 70's low 80's. No rain!! Perfect time to escape our Wisconsin winter!!

WE love October!!! We have cruised 4 times in October and love it.

Teri

We've cruised twice in February. Loved it! Seas were calm, the weather was perfect! Upper 70's low 80's. No rain!! Perfect time to escape our Wisconsin winter!!

You do like February.... nice! We're eyeing that Feb 27 2010 cruise, too. DS will be in 1st grade and has a teacher work day that week. We'll prob book it on our April 25 cruise. (yes, I haven't sailed the first one yet and already thinking of the 2nd - is that common?)

What were the water temps like at CC when you went? I know it'll be fine in St Thomas and St Maarten.

Our new favorite time after our recent cruise is December. Great weather....and beautiful christmas decs!! You get the best of both worlds IMO. :)

You do like February.... nice! We're eyeing that Feb 27 2010 cruise, too. DS will be in 1st grade and has a teacher work day that week. We'll prob book it on our April 25 cruise. (yes, I haven't sailed the first one yet and already thinking of the 2nd - is that common?)

What were the water temps like at CC when you went? I know it'll be fine in St Thomas and St Maarten.

The water temps at CC were too chilly for me!! But you cant go by what I think! Because if its not warm like bath water...its cold to me! :blush: This will be our first Eastern so I am hoping that the calm seas and warm weather will still hold true!!

Our DS will be in 2nd grade at that time!! Unfortunately there is no break in school at that time for us so we have to pull him out of school. But I'm sure he'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter