What is your favorite WDW Brunch & Why? What did you order that you liked or disliked?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
What is your favorite WDW Brunch & Why? What did you order that you liked or disliked?

I can't remember ever being at a Brunch at WDW.

I was just curious to see your thoughts.

We loved California Grill brunch! It's expensive ($90/pp or 2 credits), but you get a buffet and choose your entree(s), I had the chicken and waffles entree and it was delicious, but I checked the other day and it wasn't listed on the menu anymore, my boyfriend had the lobster omelette and enjoyed it, all the charcuterie was great, sushi, salads, I dont know what they did to the parfaits but they were like heaven. You also have a dessert plate included, there's a live jazz duo playing Disney songs, and you get to go back that night to view the fireworks. I'd suggest watching Tim Trackers video on it if it's something that interests you.

Hi, xWhreeswaldo. Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that the CG was a buffet, I thought you paid for individual items. Thank you.

Edit: Thanks for the tip to watch Tim Trackers. I'm watching it now.

We loved California Grill brunch! It's expensive ($90/pp or 2 credits), but you get a buffet and choose your entree(s), I had the chicken and waffles entree and it was delicious, but I checked the other day and it wasn't listed on the menu anymore, my boyfriend had the lobster omelet and enjoyed it, all the charcuterie was great, sushi, salads, I don't know what they did to the parfaits but they were like heaven. You also have a dessert plate included, there's a live jazz duo playing Disney songs, and you get to go back that night to view the fireworks. I'd suggest watching Tim Trackers video on it if it's something that interests you.

Last edited:
We keep going back to Homecomin', though I have yet to be disappointed in any of them. We are semi-local so we don't eat on property much due to $$$ and we can easily split one of the brunch options (we are usually out the door for ~$25). It's been consistently delicious with great service - and we never have to wait long to be seated. The downside is that it's only offered Sat and Sun.

We've done California Grill and STK brunch, I'm more excited to go back to STK brunch than California grill brunch even though they'll cost roughly the same amount of money when it's all said and done. The format is closer to Paddlefish brunch where it's the full lunch menu with Brunch options

For drinks enjoyed the Frose which was different than other Frose on property, this was really nice raspberry sorbet in a solid Rose and on only available at Brunch. It was far better than the California Grill Cupcake Proseco Mimosas. Again this is where it adds up and costs the same as California Grill

For starters we had the Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread which came with cream cheese icing and the Bacon appetizer which is no longer there unfortunately.

For entrees people in the party got the Fried Chicken and Funnel Cake which was a neat take on Chicken and Waffles and was gigantic, another got the Old Fashioned Breakfast and others got steaks and added eggs to them, we also split sides of Lobster Mac and Cheese and their fantastic fries. They offer smaller steaks at brunch/lunch time that dont make you feel overfull and in our opinion seemed to be the highest quality meat we've had on property at disney-relative reasonable price and it is offered both Saturday and Sunday.

Our server Stephanie was also one of the most memorable and pleasant servers we had the entire trip. It wasn't at all crowded, it was quiet, and they had the large windows at the front of the restaurant up and open as it was a pleasant 75ish that morning.

Hi, xWhreeswaldo. Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that the CG was a buffet, I thought you paid for individual items. Thank you.

Edit: Thanks for the tip to watch Tim Trackers. I'm watching it now.
Im sure you already know but i thought i'd clarify just in case. ..... CG is a "buffet" only for brunch. Otherwise for dinner its traditional a la cart (order off the menu). There are some reviews of the brunch online. Looks interesting. But it sure is expensive.

I personally love The Wave. Same building. Its about $23 pp. Its a great little buffet. If you wish, you can also order off the menu if you dont want to take part in the buffet.

We love CA grill brunch and have been multiple times, in September we are also trying Wine Bar George for brunch since they offer a Saturday option as well as a Sunday option, this way we can experience both brunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter