What is your favorite Universal Resort? Vote!!

What is your favorite Universal Resort?

• Portofino Bay

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Hard Rock Hotel

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Royal Pacific

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sapphire Falls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
:wave:Hey Pat

I voted for PBH as it is ‘our’ fav, like how removed from the frentic park activity it is & it strikes me as the most deluxe & pampering of the onsite resorts

We usually wind up at RPH for cost sake and fact we’d get upgraded to a suite. It’s a lovely property, my only complaint is pool area seems ‘tight’ can get quite congested.

I agree that if SF offered the FOTL and the rate only increased in area south of $100 a night, it’d be our first choice. Love the vibe and pool area and after a bit of a rocky start our first stay during hurricane week, they have treated us right.:thumbsup2

Hi Janet ,

We do like PBH, and have stayed there several times, with the last trip over Thanksgiving weekend. The price was lower than the RPR rate. Our room was right above the art gallery, but facing out the back instead of toward the piazza. We could exit out the door and walk down the stairs between the art gallery and Sal’s, getting quickly to the harbor area. So the view wasn’t great but the convenience was.

Speaking of Sal’s, we grabbed our first meal of the trip there. I believe we split a pizza. We also liked the dinner buffet at Trattoria. We also had dinner at Mama Della’s. Pricey, but the food was good, and the two singers serenading each table was nice.

Last edited:
Voted for HR.

Always been a rocker at heart. I just love the atmosphere, memorabilia, the architecture. Always been fascinated with the history of music / rock. Which is why I did the tour at HRC as well during my first visit to the resort. Almost nostalgic, especially due to the fact that the first time I went to Universal I stayed there (13), then the next time I stayed there (16), and when you have a lot of good times somewhere you keep want to coming back.

Also, added bonus, I can walk to Universal.

:worship:

We have stayed at Hard Rock for 2 nights and Royal Pacific for just 1 night and liked Hard Rock better. It's a nicer location and loved the pool area. Room was a touch nicer IMO.

Hi Janet ,

We do like PBH, and have stayed there several times, with the last trip over Thanksgiving weekend. The price was lower than the RPR rate. Our room was right above the art gallery, but facing out the back instead of toward the piazza. We could exit out the door and walk down the stairs between the art gallery and Sal’s, getting quickly to the harbor area. So the view wasn’t great but the convenience was.

Speaking of Sal’s, we grabbed our first meal of the trip there. I believe we split a pizza. We also liked the dinner buffet at Trattoria. We also had dinner at Mama Della’s. Pricey, but the food was good, and the two singers serenading each table was nice.

The pasta buffet @ Trattoria is under-rated IMO. Didn’t know they had rooms in that area, nice to be so close.

Its close between HRH and PBH. I prefer the pool at PBH but the rooms at HRH are much larger and set up better for a family of 5 plus I like how much closer HRH is to the resorts. When you been on your feet all day and the boats aren't running its a huge difference. So I vote HRH.

Last time at HRH we hopped over and spent a few hours at the PBH pool and it was great!

Its close between HRH and PBH. I prefer the pool at PBH but the rooms at HRH are much larger and set up better for a family of 5 plus I like how much closer HRH is to the resorts. When you been on your feet all day and the boats aren't running its a huge difference. So I vote HRH.

Last time at HRH we hopped over and spent a few hours at the PBH pool and it was great!

I've never been in a Hard Rock room, but I can't imagine it being "much larger" than a PBH room. In fact, and I could be wrong, I can't even imagine it being larger than a PBH room. I hope you're not comparing a deluxe HRH room to a regular PBH room.

I've never been in a Hard Rock room, but I can't imagine it being "much larger" than a PBH room. In fact, and I could be wrong, I can't even imagine it being larger than a PBH room. I hope you're not comparing a deluxe HRH room to a regular PBH room.

Deluxe HRH feels a lot larger than the Deluxe PBH room. I think that is because there is a lot of square footage in the PBH bathroom.

I'm comparing a deluxe club level PBH room with deluxe HRH room. Suites are too pricey for us and while I liked PBH the room was not comfortable for 5. They had to put a cot between the two queens so maneuvering around the beds was hard and there was only one sitting chair. The room at HRH was laid out much better. The couch folded out and even with it folded out we could walk around it. The was a small table and bar counter with multiple chairs so the room was much more livable and spacious with 5.

Also my guitar loving 15yo was able to rent a guitar and amp during our stay and I enjoyed the music all around the hotel.

I voted RPR - I love the theme. Go tropical and classic looking. We also thought the rooms were very spacious ( for 2 ) and comfortable. We also enjoyed the onsite restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter