What is your favorite thing to do that is not in the parks?

jessie31383

Mouseketeer
We generally spend all of our time I. Th parks. While we love it, we come back exhausted and sore. This time we are renting DVC points and staying at AKL plus going in July! So we plan on not spending every waking moment in parks. We are thinking about doing a boat trip that has skiing and tubing but haven’t decided you. So what is your favorite thing that you have done that was not in the parks?

We stayed at AKL a few years ago, and enjoyed one of the cultural “tours” at the resort. I don’t remember what it was called. It was a nice little thing to do, and it was free.

Going to the pool has always been our go to mid-afternoon break time. We also like to visit other resorts and maybe grab lunch and just wander around. In the past we have rented the boats but now we just like to veg out at the pool.

I stay at Port Orleans Riverside, so I love walking around the beautiful resort grounds, relaxing in a quiet pool, taking a boat ride to Disney Springs. Whether I’m at home or in a park I always want to return to POR.

We like the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and we usually spend some time at the pool.

Ride the monorail between Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian. Stroll the beach at Polynesian. Walk around the Grand Floridian <3 Maybe pick a lunch or dinner spot at one of them while I'm there. On a rainy day I saw the (then new) Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) at the (then Downtown Disney) movie theater. Nice experience.

We like to go spend about 3 hours at Gatorland and look at the alligators. We enjoy it. We don't get to see alligators at home unless we go to the zoo. This is a much better environment to see them in. So many of them all over the place.

Attachments

• IMG_20150920_0001.jpg
    IMG_20150920_0001.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We like to resort hop, especially the ones on the monorail loop. We also like going to Disney Springs. If thinking about outside the parks, we like going to the outlet mall and mall of Millenia. We have not done the Orlando Eye, but it looks like fun so that's another thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter